Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Myself Roshan from India. I have applied for Australia visa 190. Currently I am working as Supply Chain Manager and i have total 10 years of experience in Logistics,Import/Export and supply chain field.

I want to migrate to Australia with my family, My wife is commerce graduate and daughter is 06 year old.

My file status as on as below :

1) Got Positives skill assessment from Vetasses on Aug- 14 under Importer -Exporter code 13311

2) IELTS Result - L -6, R 6, W 6, S,6

3) EOI File date - 24 March 15

Now I am waiting for state opening for further process.

Now my questions are as below

1) Is this is good decision to migrate Australia under 190 with family ?

2) My main motive is to earn more money compare to India

3) What will be the living cost for family of 2+1 ?

4) How are the job chances for supply chain/logistics profile like me and what will be salary for starting level ?

5) My wife is working an accountant in India so how will be job chance and salary for starting level?

6) How much time require from now to have the visa ?

I will be very thankful for answers of above my queries.

Thanks
Roshan

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hello Everyone..

Kindly advise on my last post.

Thanks
Roshan
Now my questions are as below

Personal call, only you know what you want from the migration.
Answers you first question. Again only you know how much you earn right now and what is considered more money. Earn Rs 1K more than your current may/may not be more.

Refer cost of living thread on this forum

4) How are the job chances for supply chain/logistics profile like me and what will be salary for starting level ?
Check Seek.com.au and other job portals to get an idea of number of opportunities being advertised.

5) My wife is working an accountant in India so how will be job chance and salary for starting level?
No idea, you need to perform a personal

Refer the 190 visa tracker and thread to get the approximate timelines

·
Registered
535 Posts
Below are my answers.

There are two components to your question. First, migration to Australia is good or bad and second, if 190 is ok. First component I will answer in the 2nd query of yours. 190 is not the best visa to migrate as it has state restrictions as you must be aware. 189 is a better visa though I assume that you must have gone for 190 because you weren't eligible for 189.

Unlike US, people misunderstand Australia as a land of opportunities. It's not. It's a small country with a very limited job opportunities. Also, more importantly, it's a very expensive country. Having said that, people come here for lifestyle. You won't find many people form other countries who have made their fortunes here and also start-up and IT culture isn't very strong unlike US and India. So, if you want to make money, then you are in one of the right countries right now. Every day hundreds of businesses and start-ups are bought and sold over and young people are making good money in jobs too. If you are targeting lifestyle, then Australia is the place.

About A$3000 a month + or - $500 depending on city and area you choose to live in. I am assuming you don't have a car loan and insurance premiums.

Please do your research on internet. Your current designation and experience won't remain much relevant here as many people from different fields have experiienced after coming here.

Please ask some recent graduates who have completed their accounting degrees from Australia. They will be the right people to give you feedback on this. You will find many on this forum. A few I know of started working in casual jobs after giving up their hunt in accounting jobs after a year.

6 to 8 months.

I will be very thankful for answers of above my queries.

Thanks
Roshan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts