Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone immigrated on a Visa 190 with a Job Offer from an employer in Australia (VIC)? If so, how long did you wait for approval from the state to apply for a Visa? I know it can be around 12 weeks but just want to know if the job offer will decrease the time it takes for approval

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
as far as i have seen, victoria adheres to their timeline, whether or not a job offer is attached to the application.

my data set can be small, experts can add more

Reactions: RenVilo

·
Registered
643 Posts
I agree with Sultan. I have interacted with another member on this forum who is also waiting for VIC approval for about 6 weeks now, even though he has a current job offer. He had the advantage of skipping the waiting period of Pre-invite altogether.

Just wait for them to get back to you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with Sultan. I have interacted with another member on this forum who is also waiting for VIC approval for about 6 weeks now, even though he has a current job offer. He had the advantage of skipping the waiting period of Pre-invite altogether.

Just wait for them to get back to you.
Yea, I also skipped the Pre-invite. I can't do anything except wait. Just very curious to know if I'll get a approval on SS :) Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yea, I also skipped the Pre-invite. I can't do anything except wait. Just very curious to know if I'll get a approval on SS :) Thanks for the info guys.

I am in the same stage as you buddy! Completely understand your standpoint :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the same stage as you buddy! Completely understand your standpoint :)
Sure, but you have 80 points. That should even be very good for a Visa 190... I'm on 60/65 (I can get 10 extra IF I can get 8's in the IELTS test but that feels impossible for me..) Then in May 2018 I'll be losing 5 points for my age so I really want to get the process going as fast as I can :)

Reactions: spraveen11

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello guys, my friend is getting a job offer for VIC and he has 65 points include SS. We are not very sure of the employer's status/reputation in the state and just go by the offer letter that they can give. Can someone throw some light on what kind of requirements a job offer or an employer need to meet? TIA

·
Registered
23,914 Posts
Hello guys, my friend is getting a job offer for VIC and he has 65 points include SS. We are not very sure of the employer's status/reputation in the state and just go by the offer letter that they can give. Can someone throw some light on what kind of requirements a job offer or an employer need to meet? TIA
When you apply in The liveinvic website for sponsorship they will invariably contact the employer to confirm about the job offer
As long as the company and offer is geniuine, you should not have a problem
Any company worth it’s salt would have a web presence, so you can also directly check its credentials

Go ahead and apply directly. You need not wait for an pre invite even if you are an ICT applicant

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts