Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mark

I hope you guys are going well with everything. Right now I have a question regarding to the police check for visa 190. I will lodge my visa 190 application in July but my previous police check will be expired on 04/08/2015. Should I do the new police check right now or I can use the old one?

Another question is that my wife does not want to migrate to Australia in the next 3 years. Should I put her in the category of non-migrating dependent family member while SHE IS NOT FINANCIALLY DEPENDENT ON ME?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Phu

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Mark

I hope you guys are going well with everything. Right now I have a question regarding to the police check for visa 190. I will lodge my visa 190 application in July but my previous police check will be expired on 04/08/2015. Should I do the new police check right now or I can use the old one?

Another question is that my wife does not want to migrate to Australia in the next 3 years. Should I put her in the category of non-migrating dependent family member while SHE IS NOT FINANCIALLY DEPENDENT ON ME?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Phu
1) Get a new one
2) Add your wife as migrating and get her the visa now if she intends on going in 3 years. I say this as none migrating dependant still have to do medicals and police checks so you still have to shell out that money anyway. She does not have to move for 5 years so its ok...plus when she plans to move in 3 years it will be a ball ache getting her a visa. This way she has PR of her own.

·
Registered
39 Posts
1) Get a new one
2) Add your wife as migrating and get her the visa now if she intends on going in 3 years. I say this as none migrating dependant still have to do medicals and police checks so you still have to shell out that money anyway. She does not have to move for 5 years so its ok...plus when she plans to move in 3 years it will be a ball ache getting her a visa. This way she has PR of her own.
Hello Confused Pom,
I have gone through your posts on Dependent Visa. Thanks for all the help and the details that you share which helps people achieve their goals.
I have a 189 visa and need some help with Spouse and Child Visa.
When I applied for my Visa, I haven't added anyone in the Non Migrating Dependent or Migrating Dependent. I was married with a 0.5 yr kid then. But, I was under the impression then that it would delay my processing and wife was working before maternity and financially not dependent on me. Also, my kid was not fully dependent on me as my wife was planning to start her job in couple of months.
Now, I am planning to move to Australia. But, before I move ahead, I just want to ensure that it won't be an issue if I apply for a Dependent Visa for my spouse and kid. Your inputs would really help to decide y course of action. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts