Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

In 2012 I had my skills assessed(ACS) to be suitable for migration under 261312, but unfortunately the outcome was not as good as I expected.
Below are the items assessed:

Qualification: 5 points were lost due to my Bachelor degree has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Advanced Diploma with a major in computing. :(

Work Experience: Calculated as 5 years and 3 months. (Java Developer)

In May 2014, here in Sydney, I started working 20h/week as a Software Developer(during school holidays worked full time, legally) until September which was when I was granted a 457 visa. As I'm still working in this company, I was wondering if I could claim these 5 points as "Australian Work Experience" by now, or I should wait until September to complete 1 years working as full-time basis??:confused:

Apparently, they don't mention the number of hours it should've done per week to claim those points. :confused2:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Apparently, they don't mention the number of hours it should've done per week to claim those points. :confused2:
Check Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf. I am sure it clearly mentions 20 hours or more per week count as "full time"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, they don't mention the number of hours it should've done per week to claim those points.
Check Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf. I am sure it clearly mentions 20 hours or more per week count as "full time"
Thanks for replying.
Yep! You're right! It only mentions 20 hours. I guess, is have enough points to apply for 190 visa then. What do you reckon? Based on the points mentioned on the post above this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
1 year Australia experience shortfall of 7 days

Hello Guys,

I have worked in Melbourne, Australia from 07-Nov-2012 to 31-Oct-2013; there is a shortfall of 7 days for one year.
My clarification here is can I claim 5 points in this case? Even though there is a shortfall of 7 days?
Please find below is experience given in ACS skill assessment; total period is onshore+offshore involvement.

Dates: 09/12 - 02/14 (1yrs 5mths)
Position: Functional Test Consultant (Assistant Consultant)
Employer: TATA Consultancy Services Ltd

Thanks in advance for quick response.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You are short 7 days, so no you cannot claim you have a year's Australian experience.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Seniors,

this is a query for my cousin who is short of points .

he worked in Australia from 9th July to 12th June.

can he claim points for 1 year of australian experience ?

Pl suggest

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hello Seniors,

this is a query for my cousin who is short of points .

he worked in Australia from 9th July to 12th June.

can he claim points for 1 year of australian experience ?

Pl suggest
Unfortunately no, since it is less than one year. You just input the dates in the EOI and the system auto-computes the points, which in this case, it won't award points for Australian experience due to it being less than 1 year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts