Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need ur help!
I'm torn between applying as an Interior Designer or an Architect.
My 5 years of experience is in both and i can get experience certificates & payslips for both.
I will write down the pros and cons for each:

Architect:
It is in the MLTSSL
Assessing authority: AACA (where alot of people get rejected and i am worried to pay 1050$ and at the end get the "not suitable" response)
Visa i will apply for: 189

Interior Designer:
It is in the STSOL
Assessing Authority: VETASSEESS (which many people say it's alot easier to get their approval)
Visa i will apply for: 190
Cons: I am taking a risk as I will have to be nominated by a state and i checked the states websites to their Occupation list and i couldn't find the title "interior designer" on any state list. Does this mean i will never be nominated by any state?

Please i need your advice and your relevant experience.

Thank you,

Dina

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi,

If I was is your shoes, I would give a try for 232111 (Architect). I am fully aware that it is not easy to receive a positive assessment by AACA as many have been rejected recently, but there is nothing better than being positively assessed for occupation which is currently on MLTSSL.

Interior design occupation is on STSOL and it is required only by Tasmania where you must have a job offer, family living there, or to be a Tasmania graduate.

However, this occupation might be required by other states on 1st July 2017 as most states remove many occupations from their nomination lists at the end of each fiscal year.

The ideal solution is to wait for 2 weeks and if interior design occupation was not requested by any state, you will have no other options except going for assessment with AACA as an Architect.

The above solution is ideal in case if you are concerned about fees, otherwise it would be better to knock all doors and go for AACA assessment immediately to save time.

Best luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :)

Thanks alot for your detailed response.
I will wait till the new list is published and then decide which path i will take.
I will have my IELTS exam on the 24th of this month so i am not in a hurry anyway.
Meanwhile, i will appreciate it if u can give me in a private msg any contact to reach u if i have any further question.
I can see u r from Egypt as well so it will be of a great benefit to me to know about ur experience in that long stressful journey :D

Hi,

If I was is your shoes, I would give a try for 232111 (Architect). I am fully aware that it is not easy to receive a positive assessment by AACA as many have been rejected recently, but there is nothing better than being positively assessed for occupation which is currently on MLTSSL.

Interior design occupation is on STSOL and it is required only by Tasmania where you must have a job offer, family living there, or to be a Tasmania graduate.

However, this occupation might be required by other states on 1st July 2017 as most states remove many occupations from their nomination lists at the end of each fiscal year.

The ideal solution is to wait for 2 weeks and if interior design occupation was not requested by any state, you will have no other options except going for assessment with AACA as an Architect.

The above solution is ideal in case if you are concerned about fees, otherwise it would be better to knock all doors and go for AACA assessment immediately to save time.

Best luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys I need ur help!
I'm torn between applying as an Interior Designer or an Architect.
My 5 years of experience is in both and i can get experience certificates & payslips for both.
I will write down the pros and cons for each:

Architect:
It is in the MLTSSL
Assessing authority: AACA (where alot of people get rejected and i am worried to pay 1050$ and at the end get the "not suitable" response)
Visa i will apply for: 189

Interior Designer:
It is in the STSOL
Assessing Authority: VETASSEESS (which many people say it's alot easier to get their approval)
Visa i will apply for: 190
Cons: I am taking a risk as I will have to be nominated by a state and i checked the states websites to their Occupation list and i couldn't find the title "interior designer" on any state list. Does this mean i will never be nominated by any state?

Please i need your advice and your relevant experience.

Thank you,

Dina
Hi Dina, I have been in the same situation like you almost a year ago . I'm an architect and have been working as an interior designer as well. anyway ,in my case it was almost impossible to get a positive assessment fro the AACA , for the following reasons:

- first of all we don't take 10 semesters in architecture in the faculty of engineering (if you are graduated from faculty of arts it may be different)
- no practical year

unfortunately I have not heard of any architect being approved from Egypt, therefore I assessed my degree as an Engineering technologist and it have been approved , and applied EOI ,and waiting the invitation.

as for the Interior designer occupation , it has been removed from the list long ago , I believe you'll waist your time and effort if you chose this track.

My advice to you is to try to assess your degree in any other relevant occupation in the list.
anyway the new list will be released within few days and maybe new relevant occupations will be added .

if you need any thing don't hesitate to contact me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Dina, I have been in the same situation like you almost a year ago . I'm an architect and have been working as an interior designer as well. anyway ,in my case it was almost impossible to get a positive assessment fro the AACA , for the following reasons:

- first of all we don't take 10 semesters in architecture in the faculty of engineering (if you are graduated from faculty of arts it may be different)
- no practical year

unfortunately I have not heard of any architect being approved from Egypt, therefore I assessed my degree as an Engineering technologist and it have been approved , and applied EOI ,and waiting the invitation.

as for the Interior designer occupation , it has been removed from the list long ago , I believe you'll waist your time and effort if you chose this track.

My advice to you is to try to assess your degree in any other relevant occupation in the list.
anyway the new list will be released within few days and maybe new relevant occupations will be added .

Hi Mirna,
i want to know if you apply directly for eng technologist or you apply for another occupation but EA gave it to you?
thanks dear and good luck 😃

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mirna,

Thanks for your advice :)
I figured out that AACA is not for me as soon as i found out about the practical year experience which should be after the 5 academic years, yes I'm a faculty of fine arts, architecture graduate but for that reason i will still not be able to apply.

The "Interior Designer" occupation is on the STSOL and hopefully it will not be removed in July. If your occupation is on the STSOL and not on the MLTSSL, the best option is to apply for Visa 190 (State sponsored). I'll have to wait to see the updated list for each state to proceed.

How did you manage to prove from your work experience as an interior designer that you can do the duties of an Engineering technologist? and which authority did u apply with?

It could be a good option for me if my trial as an interior designer didn't work out.

Wishing you to receive the invitation shortly.

Good luck :)

Dina

- no practical year

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello , it's very nice to see familiar faces around here :)

ana 5'ryg al shoroo2 2014

I'm going through it myself as well but everywhere i look i keep seeing red flags

first : it's too dam expensive and hard for me to get my Bachelor degree recognized in Australia ( AACA ) I have to pay around 250 for a process that return with negative outcome with most of the people . some people suggested that we get Architectural Draftsman career instead ( Vetassess ) - which is risky and scary , I have always been A Architect Designer and i never been working as a draftsman and secondly I don't want to be stuck with a career that's slightly related to interesting but not quite.

Secondly : I have checked Seek . com and i can see many ads for architects but I have checked many forums and people keep saying that most employee won't even interview us without ( local experiences ) how the hell am I going to get that if no one wanna hire me??.. something is not right .

Third : I'll have to work and study at the same time for quite 2 years at least to finish my masters then i can apply as an Architect ( AACA ) - I'm ok with that as long as my job is related to my career

have anyone done it or have actual experience ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts