Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good and bad news. My first time posting and will appreciate any advice.

I got CO allocation this morning for visa 189.
Visa lodged 10th April. 60 points.

I have completed my Australian study and is now on visa 485. However, CO just asked for my degree certificate. Long story short : I did a research component and postponed my graduation. But I have completed my degree (technically just waiting for the ceremony).

I do not think I can get an official certificate in 28 days. This is strange, since when I apply for visa 485 Australian study is one requirement and they already granted it. Now I do not want to appear as if I lied on my application.

(I had uploaded completion letter from university, a full transcript).

·
Registered
16 Posts
just get your academic transcript or so-called temporary graduation certificate (pretty much saying you've done this and that and fulfill all requirements to be able to graduate)

you should be fine :)

·
Registered
960 Posts

I have completed my Australian study and is now on visa 485. However, CO just asked for my degree certificate. Long story short : I did a research component and postponed my graduation. But I have completed my degree (technically just waiting for the ceremony).

I do not think I can get an official certificate in 28 days. This is strange, since when I apply for visa 485 Australian study is one requirement and they already granted it. Now I do not want to appear as if I lied on my application.

Can you university provide you with a provisional certificate ? If not, try explaining the same you CO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for the replies. i did upload all evidences that i had upfront, including a formal completion letter from university, a full transcript (also the finalised version).

It is weird that they still need certificate, providing that I did submit exact same things for 485 and they were good enough for Aus Study

( my points are 60. No dependent family members. 485 was granted 2 months ago)

Anyways have emailed them and will put the result as soon as i receive. I would hate myself if bad things happen :(

(one more small question : should I call them or just email is enough ? i really want to know the answer asap because if they need reference letter or something from uni i may not have enough time to prepare)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IF possible talk with your CO and THEN based on the discussion drop an email with a detailed write up to CO.

OR you may chose to do the other way round. Drop a Detailed email and THEN call CO.

FOR this I don't think that there should be any major reason for concern.

ALSO provide the copy of email correspondence to CO, indicating that you have sent to your University requesting for Degree Certificate copy or the process for applying for one.

Thank you all for the replies. i did upload all evidences that i had upfront, including a formal completion letter from university, a full transcript (also the finalised version).

It is weird that they still need certificate, providing that I did submit exact same things for 485 and they were good enough for Aus Study

( my points are 60. No dependent family members. 485 was granted 2 months ago)

Anyways have emailed them and will put the result as soon as i receive. I would hate myself if bad things happen :(

(one more small question : should I call them or just email is enough ? i really want to know the answer asap because if they need reference letter or something from uni i may not have enough time to prepare)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,Congratulations for the CO allocation,

If you have already applied for graduation certificate.....then you can explain the case to CO and submit the receipt.

Or call ,mail ....university graduation department or meet them personally explaining the situation,,,they will provide you a letter regarding graduation dates etc.... with reference number and contact person mail id and contact number.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts