Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody
I am applying for the 189 Skilled Independent Visa. My de-facto partner is applying for a Working Holiday Visa. My question is - Do I HAVE to add her as a non-migrating dependent family member? She is not dependent on me financially and will have her own separate visa, and I realise if I add her she will need to get the medical as well, but I worry that if I do not declare having a de-facto partner it may cause problems later. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Anne

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hello everybody
I am applying for the 189 Skilled Independent Visa. My de-facto partner is applying for a Working Holiday Visa. My question is - Do I HAVE to add her as a non-migrating dependent family member? She is not dependent on me financially and will have her own separate visa, and I realise if I add her she will need to get the medical as well, but I worry that if I do not declare having a de-facto partner it may cause problems later. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Anne
If you intend to live together in Oz on permanent residency then it is advisable to add your partner now in your application. The applicant need not be dependent on you financially. However, for the sake of application, you would become primary and your partner as a secondary applicant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.