Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I don't have 7 in IELTS but both me and my wife are working so I got 60 points (including 5 partner points) in the points test.

Can someone please advice me whether I should apply for state sponsorship or to main Australian govt.

And in which case can I get PR ? ( I mean Australian Govt. or State sponsorship )

Which of these two ( Australian Govt. or State Sponsorship ) will be good in terms of ::
i) success in getting Visa ,
ii) Timeframe for processing &
iii) benefits post arrival

Also the numbers given in 2013-11-4 are these for only Australian Govt. or for both Australian Govt. and all state sponsorships ?

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi All,

I don't have 7 in IELTS but both me and my wife are working so I got 60 points (including 5 partner points) in the points test.

Can someone please advice me whether I should apply for state sponsorship or to main Australian govt.

And in which case can I get PR ? ( I mean Australian Govt. or State sponsorship )

Which of these two ( Australian Govt. or State Sponsorship ) will be good in terms of ::
i) success in getting Visa ,
ii) Timeframe for processing &
iii) benefits post arrival

Also the numbers given in 2013-11-4 are these for only Australian Govt. or for both Australian Govt. and all state sponsorships ?

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind
I guess both are equivalent. The main benefit in getting 189 is that you can live and work anywhere in AUS. While this is a restriction in 190 for first two years. Apart from that process wise both are same. Time to process 190 is lesser than 189.
I would recommend you to go for 189 if you are successful in scoring 60 points or more.

Amit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts