Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently applied for 189 skilled migration Visa with my wife. My question is if there is a requirement of proof being in a relationship form more than 12 months at the time of the invitation? I saw in the immi website that there is this requirement for de facto couples but not for legally married couples. All the requirements I found were in the "Including family members in your application" page and the visa 189 checklist and neither mention anything about the 12months requirement for married couples.

I'm asking because even if I sent my marriage certificate when I first applied and now I received a 'more information required' email asking for documents to demonstrate the 12 months. We have been together as a couple for 10 months before I received the invitation to apply for 189....

Thanks in advance for your replies

Gabriel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is 12 months relationship required for the couples who got married and already have marriage certificate?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Marriage certificate is enough. 12 months requirement is only for partner and de facto relationship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts