Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received an invitation for 189 Visa on 23rd August and am filling up the forms. I have a doubt on one question that I need clarification on

Has the applicant been employed in Australia in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level, immediately before invitation to lodge this application?

I had gone to Australia around few years back on temporary work permit visa for around 3 months. Would that be equivalent to be employed in Australia? Since we worked on client side but were actually employees of an overseas company.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi,

I received an invitation for 189 Visa on 23rd August and am filling up the forms. I have a doubt on one question that I need clarification on

Has the applicant been employed in Australia in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level, immediately before invitation to lodge this application?

I had gone to Australia around few years back on temporary work permit visa for around 3 months. Would that be equivalent to be employed in Australia? Since we worked on client side but were actually employees of an overseas company.
No.
1. That is not immediately before the application.
2. You will be considered employed in australia if your employer was your client.

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hi,

As you have worked on Australian soil with a valid work visa, the answer would be yes
It's immaterial if the employer was an Australian company or a foreign company

But because it was several years back, you have to decide if at that time also were you working on a closely related occupations or not

The answer is yes only if you fulfill both the conditions

Do recheck as this a complicated question

Cheers

·
Registered
549 Posts
Agree. It may be immaterial. I meant that in a different way. If I have a work visa and I visit 5 times where each visit if for 5 days, that does not make me "employed in australia". Similarly a short term visa for 3 months also does not qualify for "Employed in Australia". However, if those 3 months i spend on a job whereby my employer was an Australian firm, I could consider myself as "Employed in Australia". Either way, the answer should be "No" as the key point is "Immmediately before" which means you are employed in Australia while lodging the application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.