Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I need urgent guidance in my situation, if anybody been in similar situation and got any advice.

I am from Bangalore and processed my ACS/EOI application for Visa 189 with the help of an agent in Bangalore.

Agent helped in processing the ACS which came positive last month and immediately applied EOI after my approval. I had received the EOI approval as well and now I am ready to lodge for PR application.

But recently I talked to few of my friends and started visiting expatForum (which I was not aware of earlier) and now I am not very willing to proceed with the agent for VISA lodgement and want to apply for the VISA on my own.

When I created the account on immiaccount and trying to create new application, there I am not having any option for new application of 189 VISA, probably because 189 is lodged through Skill Select and unfortunately I don't have credentials which my agent used for EOI application.

I have soft copy of my ACS letter and EOI approval with me. is there any way I can apply for VISA application on my own.

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Subu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

Can anybody please suggest? I am waiting to lodge for the PR and need help before proceeding.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You will have to file your visa application through skillselect.... The only option for you is to settle amicably with your agent and pay him the fees for the work done and take over credentials and remaining work..

·
Registered
792 Posts
As far as I know Agents usually have single account for all his clients. if thats the case then your agent will not share his credentials and you ll have to apply through him.
But you can have a track of your visa application by importing your application into immiaccount.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
As far as I know Agents usually have single account for all his clients. if thats the case then your agent will not share his credentials and you ll have to apply through him.
But you can have a track of your visa application by importing your application into immiaccount.
Not so, nobody is forced to use an agent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Getting credentials from agent would be difficult as they are actually maintaining single account for their multiple applications.

Any option possible where I don't need to tell the agent (or just inform him amicably that I am proceeding on my own) and then I can proceed?

Thanks,
Subu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think No.

Just now I created new account on skill select and tried to look at all the options available in the skill select. No where I could find the details to import the EOI details. :mad:

Even checked all the FAQs.

Appears that I am stuck with it and have to go ahead with the agent only to proceed further. :(

·
Registered
792 Posts
i did have a look too. no clue how to import an EOI.
Why dont you Tell your agent that you ll launch the visa on your own and ask for the credentials. maybe he lodged a separate EOI. Lets see what he has to say.
But if its common to all his clients then he wouldn't give the credentials.
Guess you ll have to lodge visa with him.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Or if you have like 70 points you can submit a new EOI and I am damn sure you ll get an invite on 22nd Sept. (consider this if you sure about not using an agent)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Or if you have like 70 points you can submit a new EOI and I am damn sure you ll get an invite on 22nd Sept. (consider this if you sure about not using an agent)
Better this than paying out $$$$$$ for him to upload documents for you that you could do yourself!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 65 points with my spouse and my EOI came on 8th Sep which is valid until 7th Nov.

Will system accept another request of EOI on same passport number and IELTS score and ACS before 7th Nov?

Will Aus immigration give me another EOI approval before 7th Nov?

Not sure :(

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes system will accept another EOI
I would suggest you lodge a new EOi with 65 and I bet you ll get an invite this sunday
Previous rounds cut off has been 60. With you on 65 you ll get an invite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks ....
would lodging a new eoi, invalidate my current APPROVED eoi ? and what is the probability of their coming back saying NO because we already have one approved EOI?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thanks ....
would lodging a new eoi, invalidate my current APPROVED eoi ? and what is the probability of their coming back saying NO because we already have one approved EOI?
Present EOI with an active invitation will automatically lapse after 60 months.
Present EOI has nothing to do with the one you ll lodge. They are independent.
Nothing to worry go ahead and lodge it.
While you fill up your experience details you ll find a check box yes or no for relevant and irrelevant experience as per ACS report.
ACS must have mentioned a skilled date post that everything should be yes(relevant) rest of it would go as no(irrelevant).

·
Registered
401 Posts
i did have a look too. no clue how to import an EOI.
Why dont you Tell your agent that you ll launch the visa on your own and ask for the credentials. maybe he lodged a separate EOI. Lets see what he has to say.
But if its common to all his clients then he wouldn't give the credentials.
Guess you ll have to lodge visa with him.
Just speak to agent and ask credentials, you have legal rights on it.

Cant agent change his password for your EOI then share with you.

Good luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello everyone
I have lodged my application through mara agent. Kindly let me know how can i see status of my application. agent has not provided me login id or password.
if i import application to my immiaccount will my agent come to know about that some one has import the application from his immiaccount to personal immiaccount.

Please help me in this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts