Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,I would really appreciate if you could help me to understand this (because Immigration is very misterious ,I don't understand them).

I applied for the 175 visa on September 14th 2009. I'm on the CSL.
I got a letter from Immigration saying this:"To facilitate the assessment of this application, you are requested to provide all documents listed in your document checklist''. They also gave me a permision request ID, and file reference number.
But when I lodged my application I attached all the documents, the only outstanding ones are the meds and the police clearance. (I've already got the meds done). They also said I need to provide the docs within 28 days..but I already did!!

They also said: ''This document request does not constitute notification that your application has been allocated to a decision maker at this time''.

What should I do?? I've read that you provide the meds when your C.O asks you to do so. Do you think this is a good signal that my visa is being processed fast?? I need to make a decision on staying or leaving Au (I'm on a student visa) based on how long it is going to take, so.. if this is a good signal maybe I can stay and wait for it.

Thanks heaps!!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the mail that you got is a standard procedure. they do that with every application. as for medicals and PCC, i suppose now they are taking about 6-10 months for CSL applications, in my knowledge you should get a CO in not more thn a month or two. wait for them to get back to you, you can always write to DIAC, i/e send a PLE. just go to the immi site and type post lodgement enquiry on the search option, it wil take you to the page. whatever your que is, just write to them and they do get back with most appropriate reply.

If you need further clarification, do write back her. someone or the other will assist i am sure.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi nana,
As anj mentioned this is a standard letter........but only doubt I have is, in the standard letter they don't mention 28 days to provide other docs. you better send an PLE or call them directly.

rangola

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
rangola they do give that much time to upload documents, form the day u file ur application online

1 - 4 of 4 Posts