Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to look for jobs in Oz from India, post my Visa grant.
I understand that the best way is to search for jobs from Australia, to have better prospects of an interview, et al. However, I am currently not in a position to travel for atleast the next few months.

I have been trying to give an "off site" job hunt a shot, and trying to see if I can have a Oz cell number, so prospective recruiters can attempt calling me in case. How can I arrange this (so a call to the Oz number lands in India)

I do not have any friends in Oz who can man a cell phone and direct calls. I had heard of virtual phone number systems where I can get a Oz cell number and direct it to my Indian number? Can anyone provide me more information about this or any other mens that should solve my problem?

Thanks!

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I got a oz number through skype even though you managed to get calls they will need you to be there physically :p

Reactions: Antinode

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a oz number through skype even though you managed to get calls they will need you to be there physically :p
True that sounddonor :) if it comes to a F2F interview situation (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to look for jobs in Oz from India, post my Visa grant.
I understand that the best way is to search for jobs from Australia, to have better prospects of an interview, et al. However, I am currently not in a position to travel for atleast the next few months.

I have been trying to give an "off site" job hunt a shot, and trying to see if I can have a Oz cell number, so prospective recruiters can attempt calling me in case. How can I arrange this (so a call to the Oz number lands in India)

I do not have any friends in Oz who can man a cell phone and direct calls. I had heard of virtual phone number systems where I can get a Oz cell number and direct it to my Indian number? Can anyone provide me more information about this or any other mens that should solve my problem?

Thanks!
You can buy skype Australian number, that will be cheap and easy to use.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I've got a NSW Skype number. Keep getting telemarketing call in the middle of the night :( Seriously :( I don't like to turn off the Skype notification, because other people use it for emergencies if they can't get through on my regular mobile number, but considering changing that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response Jack.
I was exploring the Skype number options. Cost involved are:
1. Apparently there is a 3-monthly / yearly cost for the number itself. (comes to Indian Rupees 1200 and 4200 approx respectively)
2. Outgoing calls (to mobiles and landlines - rates respectively per min are INR 7 and 2 approx) are to be charged with extra skype credits that need to be bought
3. Incoming is free to user (Caller gets charged service provider's rates)

I have stumbled upon VoIP Virtual numbers, in case someone wants to check them out.
They seem a lot more cost effective. One of them is Call hippo. https://callhippo.com/

Dont know how it is from an experiential standpoint

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks for the response Jack.
I was exploring the Skype number options. Cost involved are:
1. Apparently there is a 3-monthly / yearly cost for the number itself. (comes to Indian Rupees 1200 and 4200 approx respectively)
2. Outgoing calls (to mobiles and landlines - rates respectively per min are INR 7 and 2 approx) are to be charged with extra skype credits that need to be bought
3. Incoming is free to user (Caller gets charged service provider's rates)

I have stumbled upon VoIP Virtual numbers, in case someone wants to check them out.
They seem a lot more cost effective. One of them is Call hippo. https://callhippo.com/

Dont know how it is from an experiential standpoint
If you have an Office 365 subscription there may be Skype minutes included.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Subscribing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts