Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Moving to Dubai in Feb/March and at that time our children will be 5, 2 and a newborn in May. We have a fairly large house in Germany (where we are currently ex-pats) and have acquired a few too many things. We will of course endeavor to rid of any excess but we will have some storage items to bring along as we don't have a 'main residence' anywhere in the world.

Any ideas how we can get a large home- good value for money?

I have been looking at the Lakes and Springs but the 3-bed villas (as they are without basements and therefore without much storage space) may be tight. Especially as I would love to eventually put the new baby in his/her own room so we all get some sleep. My son and daughter can share if need-be but I would rather them have their own space too.

Anyone know of families of 5 and how comfortable they are? How they are coping in a small place (ie. sharing rooms) and when guests come, or if we get an au-pair, we would likely need space for this as well.

Any information you can give me about the general interior size of villas would be great.

Unfortunately I don't think our housing allowance is great for what we need. I think after school fees we'll only have about 150-200,000 AED for housing.

TIA!!

Carrie

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
The houses in The Springs are pretty small and The Lakes only a little bigger. If you have a budget up to AED 200k, you can still get a large 4 bed villa in parts of Jumeirah and Umm Sequim. These places tend to have very high ceilings, large rooms and often a maid's room.

A cheaper area of town is Mirdiff where you can get large villas for AED 150k, but it's the other end of town and mainly under the flight path.

-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.