Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
afternoon all.

Clearly there are no specific guidelines to this, but hoped someone would give me some insight.

Roughly what sort of discount can be negotiated off the annual rental price of a villa?
If something is advertised at AED 140,000, should i be paying 140K?, 135K? less?

thinking the other way round - if i had set myself a budget of, say, AED 130,000 - should i be looking at things at 140K?

Thinking Jumeirah 1 sort of area at present - subject to sorting out schools (a bigger headache!)

thanks in advance

Vantage
T-25 days

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Jumeriah 1 is tricky as the villas often vary unless they are on a compound. Best thing would be to see as many as possible and draw your own average, see what you are getting for the money. View a few things higher than your budget too.

One thing is though if the house is in a state, and many are, then ask for a bigger discount for cleaning. Don't accept that they will do any cleaning or repairs, they'll be gone once they've got your money.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Very helpful.
Not been out yet, but seeing what's available, and thinking of family expectations, I think a compound villa with pool is what we're after - subject to price.
I'll have about six weeks from arrival end of June until family arrive to sort out accommodation.
Would I be right in thinking the quieter summer months are a good time (apart from the heat) to be property hunting? Less people chasing?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone told me Ramadan is actually quite good to be looking for property & cars etc, due to it being a slower market, and therefore more deals to be had.

Is there any truth in this?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Someone told me Ramadan is actually quite good to be looking for property & cars etc, due to it being a slower market, and therefore more deals to be had.

For cars, I think yes, esp. towards the end of a calendar month when sales people are under pressure to meet targets. For rentals, not sure.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts

I shouldn't think so, as people - including agents- will be working shorter hours (by law). Assume that everything will take longer during Ramadan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.