Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bula,

Firstly sorry for the double posts.

I am a Civil Engineering Technician/Draughtsman and Project Manager for about 7.5 years now working in a Australian based engineering consulting firm in Fiji and I am planning to migrate to Australia. I have already successfully completed my skill assessment with the Engineers Australia and IELTS test and I am now trying to apply to Victoria State Sponsorship for the additional 5 points as my overall points score is currently sitting at 60 only. (IELTS results were overall 8 however my writing was 7.5 so I didn’t make the cut).

I understand as per the Occupational Listing on their website that my particular field of expertise is highly wanted in the state of Victoria and hence my chances are really high.

I had a few questions and I would very much appreciate it if any of you Snr. Experts could share some advice.

1. If I apply to Vic. State Sponsorship by the end of this week (24th of Feb, 2012 – which also happens to be by b-day) what will be the worse date to get back the approved (successful hopefully) results?

2. In the application form. There is a part whereby you have to declare the amount of money you need to bring to Australia. I understand as per guideline tables it requires individuals to bring around Australian $30,000. I personally think this is too much and I will not need this much to survive in Australia as I have my sister/friends/cousins etc who will support me. Now my question is will they reject your application if I was to say indicate less than this amount - do they ever ask you to indicate/verify your claimed amount? Would it be a good idea to say indicate a lesser amount and then say that I have relatives that will take care of me?

3. I think I have the rest of the part down. Here is a list of documents I intend to send initially; i would appreciate if anyone can suggest/recommend anything else to include that I might be missing.

a. Detailed CV as per guidelines – 4 pages
b. Scanned copy of references indicating years of employment
c. Scanned copy of declaration form
d. Scanned copy of original IELTS results
e. Scanned copy of bio data page of passport
f. Scanned copy of original graduation certificates and transcripts

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Cruzer679

What is your application status now? Have yout applied for SS ?

$30000 is reallly huge amount. Thats why I'm hesitate to move forward ...

Hi Paragsanyasi,

I received a positive SS reply in just 20 days since applying.....yep its hard to believe but its nothing short of a miracle .....i have another user by the name of Dreamus to thank really.

Regarding the $30,000.....as someone who has spent close to 6 weeks in Australia recently, yep i still think this is a huge amount imo however, this was not a big deal for me.... personally i followed Dreamus's advise and tabulate all my 'riches' and found a pleasant surprise....my totals maxed over $45, 000+.....i had to ask a qualified valuer to double check my figures and i actually got an official statement from this valuer showing this exact amount....this is a bit extreme but i was very sure that the 'Victoria SS Folks' would ask me to give a 'proof of claim'....this however didn't eventuate ...luckily the only email i got was a 'congratulations' :)

I have since applied for the 176 visa and am awaiting further instructions. fingers crossed and praying hard everyday for a CO....

My advice to you paragsanyasi, tabulate all your assets, money, property, pension etc etc. maybe ask your family to help you or something (but don't indicate someone else's assets or say that you have a family member in ozzy as this will make your application look bad....its your assets remember) or do whatever you can to match this amount and do go ahead with your SS application. Keep in mind you may be asked at any point to verify your claims and you will find yourself in a really awkward situation if you can't.

(Also there is an excellent thread regarding 'cost of living in Australia' on this forum which helped me a lot to understand what the $30,000 is all about. I recommend you go thru this thread to get a feel for where this figure is coming from. i guess livelihood varies between individuals at a astronomical level, i do not wish to go into a debate regarding this....this $30,000 figure is fail safe for the purpose of this application imo.)

All the best with your application.

Regards,
Cruzer

·
Registered
628 Posts
hey Cruzer...good to know that my posts are helpful to you. Good luck on your 176.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.