Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,
I have got assesment from EA which states my occupation is on CSL.
I am confused whether to apply for 175 or 176?
I wanted to ask a basic question is that if I apply for state sponsorship for Victoria then will the state sponsorship letter take 3 months or it the time for visa after I have applied to DIAC which takes 3-4 motnhs?
Please let me know so that I can take a decision.\
Thanks in advance.
KK...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi KK

my suggestion would be to apply for the ss, after a week of so apply for 175. or apply for both at the same time. ss takes approximately 2-4 months and a CO for CSL application takes about the same time, if u do manage a CO first, you are free to stay in any state, incase you do get ss before you get the CO, the choice if urs to opt for 175 or 176.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Anj,
for your reply.
The thing I am thinking about is that I am on CSL but not on MODL.
I am planning to wait till dec end so that may be the FSL may be declared. Also due to Christmas DIAC processes will almost come to a standstill. Then I can think about going for 176 Vic SS or 175. Already I have applied for the SS for Vic in the meantime. Also one more factor to be considered is that my area of interest in the future if I land in Oz will be around Melbourne because my field related jobs and companies are there. So anyhow I am going to aim for Melbourne and Geelong.
Anyways thanks once again and will let you know if I need any more help from you all.
Thanks and Regards
KK.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Since, u r in CSL, I would suggest not to apply for state sponsorship u can go ahead with the 175 application with DIAC

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rangola..
I am still confused what to do and how the new FSL will affect me incase...
So I think as I should wait till Jan first week and see what comes out from DIAC regardign the FSL and then decide as anyhow from now on till Jan first week not much activity will be there in DIAC offfices.
Also one more question is that whether I have to show the financial proof at the time of visa grant or state sponsorship grant? and by any chance if you know how much is required for Vic state sponsorship...

Thanks once again...
KK...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Regarding Vic SS...........sometimes they may ask financia. proof but not for everyone and they did not mention any specific amount. but normally agents would say that 20k for primary applicant and 10k for each dependant.....but not sure.

But one thing I can say for sure Vic SS takes lot of time to approve.

Can you tell me ur occupation & asco code for CSL??

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
kk apply for 175, apply for ss as well, i dont understand why u want to waste time for the new csl. csl is not even expected right now, they are expecting just a new modl.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rangola and Anj for your advice....
Well listening to your expert comments I am thinking to apply for 175 and then may be I can convert to 176 if needed...
My occupation is Production Engineer - 2126-13

Thanks a Ton...
KK...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Boss...$20k means...comes around Rs.8,40,000+. Also i heard sometimes they may ask for 3 months statement...its too heavy amount ...i feel:(

also for Vic SS, $220 fee was there.

i have one doubt here...
if i apply for Vic ss and 175 same time, if i get Vic ss first...how to convert it to 176?
and also once i inform the DIAC that i have state sponsorship which visa they will approve175 or 176(as i already applied for 175) ?

can someone thow light on this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
233 Posts
u can just send an PLE to inform that u got SS, The state which sponsored u will be sending a form 1100 to DIAC directly.....then u need to accept the same

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rangola1, can u pls answer my other questions also...

thanks

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
once u apply for 175 without state sponsorship, u get 175 but if u get ss in the meantime and convert from 175 to 176, ofcourse u get 176.

i dont think victoria has a sponsorship fee. for now it is just ACT and NSW that have a fee for ss.

and yes 20kA$ it is, and they do ask for 3 mnths statement if they r not satisfied by teh proofs provided by u

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Anj, im IT professional with oracle background...which state wud be suitable for me?
it wud be great if u can answer this...im into Testing also..

Thanks,

·
Registered
233 Posts
Boss...$20k means...comes around Rs.8,40,000+. Also i heard sometimes they may ask for 3 months statement...its too heavy amount ...i feel:(

also for Vic SS, $220 fee was there.

i have one doubt here...
if i apply for Vic ss and 175 same time, if i get Vic ss first...how to convert it to 176?
and also once i inform the DIAC that i have state sponsorship which visa they will approve175 or 176(as i already applied for 175) ?

can someone thow light on this?

Thanks,
yes...they may ask proof of statement sometime.....but not always.

For Vic there is no fee to apply for SS

if u get SS before grant of the VISA then u can convert it to 176,if u have CO officer before getting the SS, then u need not wait for SS....ur application will proceed. Say u got SS after getting the CO then it is upto you to take SS or not...u can decide it

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ukv, have a look at each state skill list. i think oracle should be in NSW and Victoria.
it depends on what you like, for us ACT/Melbourne suits us best. If you look at states with IT jobs, Sydney comes first, followed by Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra and Adelaide.

if you look at the job portals, that would give you an idea about different positions available in different locations. Additionally, you have to feel comfortable in the area you move to. Brisbane is too hot for us, Sydney too expensive which makes initial settlement cost very high, Melbourne is good too and we were open to going anywhere. now that we got ACT sponsorship, i am fine with Canberra :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi anj,,,when did u apply for DIAC?
1. i cant apply for Sydney as they need 7 of ielts in all bands.I got 7 but not in all bands.
2. hence looking for Melbourne ...but its getting delayed ..i heard.
3. Also looking for ACT..but funds needs to show is quite high:(..jus thinking abt these...
4. last option for me is Perth...ny idea on this? :)

corect me if im wrong in the above suppositions

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi

1. Since u do not have 7 in all modules, i cant comment on this, one option is, u can sit fr ielts again, but it costs.. so not worth it

2. yes all states are taking long for granting sponsorship, no harm trying victoria, sometime back i heard someone got ss in 2 months

3. yes funds is critical but u can get an affidavit from your parents/sibblings that they have enough and are willing to support you if you are not able to manage on your own, along with this attach their asset proofs.

4. perth is good too. I know people who find perth the best in Australia but then there are some who feel it is isolated and far from everything else.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anj...u mean to say...that...my brother has flat...can i sate in a affidavit that...he can sponsor me...?
in that case...wat all docs do i need to submit...pls help me in this...

also...if once i got SS, if i apply for 176, how much time it takes for assigning CO? wil the total process completed by 3-4 months?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ukv they do not consider property/jewelry as transferable asset. they consider bonds, cash as transferable assets. and i dont understand, why do u want ss if u are on CSL, dont think too much, just apply for 175 and wait for 3-4 months. you will get a CO in no time and a couple of months after that you will have the visa in hand.

·
Registered
134 Posts
thanks anj, lot for sharing yout thots...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts