Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 5214 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am creating this thread for those who aspire to be nominated by Victoria state.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I have applied for 190 Victoria SS, and someone from the office rang my manager (name I used to contact on my CV and other forms) but apparently he is on holidays this week. He said that, someone rang him yesterday, but he was driving so asked to call back later. The lady (case officer) rang him again but he missed her call as he was unpacking stuff and he couldnt reply back as the number was private number. He then texted me said, that if I or anyone needs to contact her, it needs be be before 9:30 am or 5:30 pm as he up in the snow and busy skiing so it will be hard to answer or hear the ring.

So can I let the case officer know about this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I am applying for 190 under Victoria SS. Yesterday, a lady (case officer) rang my manager (the name i used in my CV and other forms) but apparently he is on holidays. The CO asked about me, but he was driving and couldnt talk, so he asked her to call back later. The CO called him again but he missed her call as he was busy unpacking his stuffs and couldnt call her back as the number was private number. So he emailed me yesterday, saying that, if anyone who wants to contact him, have call him before 9:30 am or after 5:30 pm as it will be hard to hear/ listen the phone ringing in the snow while skiing.

If this is the case, can i let the CO know that he is on holidays and you can contact me before 930 am or 530 pm or contact him next week once he is back?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Regarding Victoria State Nomination Form

Hi All,

I have submitted my Victoria State Nomination form. But I made small mistake of incorrect State in Australia for my address and in PTE score report I updated 76 in Speaking for 76 in writing.

I have not got confirmation email of receiving of my application yet. Once, I get email from their side can I inform them to update the correct information in the application.

Will they be able to help during the needful.

Kindly advice

Regards
Ridhi

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello,
I have applied for VIC in 190 Class with 65 points. Including the point of State sponsorship.
Can anyone tell what is the probability of getting a nomination? BTW I have applied as a Mechanical Engineer.

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hello,
I have applied for VIC in 190 Class with 65 points. Including the point of State sponsorship.
Can anyone tell what is the probability of getting a nomination? BTW I have applied as a Mechanical Engineer.
Recently a member posted that his application for sponsorship as Mechanical Engineer was rejected by VIC
He also had 60+5 points if I remember correctly

I dont think VIC is inclined to sponsor Mechanical Engineers as they do not have too many heavy industries

I think you are better off concentrating on other states which have heavy industries

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you have any suggestion?
Actually VIC and ACT have Mechanical Engineering. NSW I don't count due to huge applicants.
I am trying to improve my PTE Lets see what happens.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Hi, I have applied for 190 Victoria SS, and someone from the office rang my manager (name I used to contact on my CV and other forms) but apparently he is on holidays this week. He said that, someone rang him yesterday, but he was driving so asked to call back later. The lady (case officer) rang him again but he missed her call as he was unpacking stuff and he couldnt reply back as the number was private number. He then texted me said, that if I or anyone needs to contact her, it needs be be before 9:30 am or 5:30 pm as he up in the snow and busy skiing so it will be hard to answer or hear the ring.

So can I let the case officer know about this?
A call during the state sponsorship stage? That's first time i hear of such.

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hi All,

I have submitted my Victoria State Nomination form. But I made small mistake of incorrect State in Australia for my address and in PTE score report I updated 76 in Speaking for 76 in writing.

I have not got confirmation email of receiving of my application yet. Once, I get email from their side can I inform them to update the correct information in the application.

Will they be able to help during the needful.

Kindly advice

Regards
Ridhi

Of course you should.
I am sure they will correct the records

Cheers

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Any chances of getting invites for 261313(software engineer) with 65(60+5) points for Victoria this year ?
State sponsorship cannot be predicted as they do not follow any fixed pattern or timeline

You have to submit an EOI in Skillselect under 190 with Victoria ticked and wait patiently for the preinvite
There is nothing else you can do to expedite the process
Meanwhile You can try to,increase your points to atleast 65 to get an invite under 189 with just a few months wait

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any chances of getting invites for 261111(ICT BA) with 75(70+5) points for Victoria this year ?

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Any chances of getting invites for 261111(ICT BA) with 75(70+5) points for Victoria this year ?
State sponsorship can never be predicted as they do follow any fixed pattern or timeline

That said and done, 70+5 is a respectable score and probably stand a good chance if you have a strong resume

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
State sponsorship can never be predicted as they do follow any fixed pattern or timeline

That said and done, 70+5 is a respectable score and probably stand a good chance if you have a strong resume

Cheers
I just wanted to know in case they had increased some speed as my Sibling got a 190 invite after 15 months of EOI submission.

Grant came in 30 days after that.

Thanks!
-K

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
I just wanted to know in case they had increased some speed as my Sibling got a 190 invite after 15 months of EOI submission.

Grant came in 30 days after that.

Thanks!
-K
Your sibling is one of the very rare cases where he got a grant in just 30 days

Are you sure its not the other way round
30 days for the invite and 15 months for the grant ?

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh Yes!
My Bad, that is the other way around..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Application of Victoria state sponsorship requires to fill the work experience. Do we need to fill it as per the Skill assessment or the total work experience?

I will have a total of 5 years of experience by August 2017 and only 3 years are considered by ACS. Anybody who has filed for State sponsorship can help me out.

Also, Can we expect a sponsorship from Victoria with 60+5 points? and how many months it may take to get it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Application of Victoria state sponsorship requires to fill the work experience. Do we need to fill it as per the Skill assessment or the total work experience?

I will have a total of 5 years of experience by August 2017 and only 3 years are considered by ACS. Anybody who has filed for State sponsorship can help me out.

Also, Can we expect a sponsorship from Victoria with 60+5 points? and how many months it may take to get it?
Hi,

You need to fill the one that has been considered by ACS first i.e 3 Years. Then you can fill rest 2 years under work exp itself.

As stated by others, there is no fixed/specific time frame for an invite to come.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 5214 Posts