Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Here is my pathetic story on pursuit of Australian PR.....

In July 2013 I applied to ACS for skill assessment (software engineer with 4 yrs experience) in software engineer code. After 3 months I got the assessment letter that my four years of experience deducted. So I was not able to claim any experience points and hence got struck with 55 points in EOI.
So I decided to go for the state sponsorship in Victoria. I had a 1.5 yrs experience in Melbourne. So I thought that will be added advantage and hence I applied for the state sponsorship. After 2 weeks I got a mail from them saying that my application was rejected. I have a IELTS score of 7.5 in all the four domains.

What do I still need ?? What is the Austrian government want from me ?? I am I lagging something ??

Experts please suggest whether to go forward with applying to Australia or to look for some other opportunities somewhere else !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was also rejected after 10 days and I have very similar case. 4.5 years as Software developer and IELTS 7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
You could try to re-sit the IELTS to get all 8's to get the extra 10 points. Victoria is very competitive and there are many people on here that have been rejected.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your case is not about IELTS, i think your rejection is due to the fact that you do not have 3 years of experience after ACS work experience deduction.

Software engineer - Min 3 years mandatory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts