Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had my skills assessed and a IELTS score of 7.5. Having a non ICT qualification, only 1/7 year of my experience has been considered by ACS. That is little disappointing though as I lost a valuable points despite of having 7 years of experience.

Now with points I have, I can not opt for independent migration and have to go with state sponsorship. I have the option open for Northern Territory and Victoria State and I am confused which one to opt for.

I still have another slot for IELTS and I wish I score 8 in this attempt. Is it possible that I apply for a state sponsorship for the two territories and still launch a a application for skilled independent if I score 8 in my next IELTS attempt.

Also, I have a query on my resume that I would be sending along with my application for state sponsorship. Can I include a link to my linkedin profile and refer to the recommendation on it?

Br,
Nadh

·
Registered
965 Posts
yes you can apply. If its in same EOI, you willnt have choice if the state invites u first.

·
Registered
50 Posts
for 190, u need to be specific for state.... it is clearly written in couple of states websites that if u apply in other states as well, they will not consider your application .... so check this thing first

it is better to stick with one state at a time only...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for 190, u need to be specific for state.... it is clearly written in couple of states websites that if u apply in other states as well, they will not consider your application .... so check this thing first

it is better to stick with one state at a time only...
I finally decided to go with 190.... Does anyone know what is the current turnaround time for Victoria SS?? I have my skills assessed as Software Engineer and I am a SAP Technical consultant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I read somewhere that for Northern Territory you need to show net assets of about $35,000. Is that true? Are there such requirements for other states?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fund Requirement

I read somewhere that for Northern Territory you need to show net assets of about $35,000. Is that true? Are there such requirements for other states?
Yes Mihir Bijur, from what I have found out, except NSW, all other territories has this clause.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can one apply to NSW if one has been living in NT on student visa and is eligible as per NSW requirements?
Yes, I think it should be possible..., but not under graduate program.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts