Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am starting this thread to track the activities related to the Victoria state nomination recently started from July 01 , 2017. Please post your related queries/answers in this thread.

ACS +ve 261313
PTE- 10 Points
Work Ex- 5 Points
Age - 30
Education: 15
Total points (including 5 for state nomination) 65
applied on 04 July 2017.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does anybody know when will be the invitation round for the state nomination opened on July 01, 2017??
Nobody knows when VIC select applicants....

I am also in the same boat ...

Submitted EOI on 16th June with 65 points for 261312 developer programmer...

Sent from my Metal using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have applied EOI with 65+5 points. Waiting for the invitation. I think I have to wait until mid of September. :fingerscrossed:

DOE : 06/29/2017

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Guys

I am going to submit my EOI for Vic on Skillselect.
Before that just want to confirm that do i need to submit my CV also like if m applying for ICT occupation?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Guys

I am going to submit my EOI for Vic on Skillselect.
Before that just want to confirm that do i need to submit my CV also like if m applying for ICT occupation?
No.....just EOI as per the new rules...

·
Registered
83 Posts
No.....just EOI as per the new rules...

Ok
And one more thing.
In my ACS assessment they have mentioned
"The following employment after February 2014 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code"

And

Below they have mentioned
Dates: 08/11 - 10/16 (5yrs 2mths) - This is my total exp.

Now while submiting EOI which date i should mention as start date for my occupation? One which equate with my occupation as per ACS or my actual joining date which is without 3 yrs of deduction.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok
And one more thing.
In my ACS assessment they have mentioned
"The following employment after February 2014 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code"

And

Below they have mentioned
Dates: 08/11 - 10/16 (5yrs 2mths) - This is my total exp.

Now while submiting EOI which date i should mention as start date for my occupation? One which equate with my occupation as per ACS or my actual joining date which is without 3 yrs of deduction.
You need to put 08/11 to 02/14 as a non relevent experience and 03/14 to rest as a relevant experience...

Points will be calculated automatically at the end....

·
Registered
83 Posts
You need to put 08/11 to 02/14 as a non relevent experience and 03/14 to rest as a relevant experience...

Points will be calculated automatically at the end....

There is no such section for relevant and non relevant exp.
It simply asks for start and end date of your employment.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There is no such section for relevant and non relevant exp.
It simply asks for start and end date of your employment.
Hey mate,

There is an option like "Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?*". If you select Yes you will be awarded points, otherwise not.

There is one for sure...
Plz check carefully....

Please be humble with others, specially if they are new and don't know enough. You would be in same position when you started your first EOI.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey mate,

There is an option like "Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?*". If you select Yes you will be awarded points, otherwise not.

Please be humble with others, specially if they are new and don't know enough. You would be in same position when you started your first EOI.
Hey man, I don't know if there was any arrogance in my 2 line answer....

But I totally agree with you....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,
Little query , i am having an experience of 4.8 yrs in IT but ACS deducted my 4 years beacuse I graduated from ECE.

As mentioned in the Vic site, minimum of 3 yrs of exp required and ACS counted my work experience for 8 months.

Am I eligible to submit Eoi for Vic 190 ?

My points breakdown

Pte -10
Age -30
Edu- 15
Partner Skills-5

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,
Little query , i am having an experience of 4.8 yrs in IT but ACS deducted my 4 years beacuse I graduated from ECE.

As mentioned in the Vic site, minimum of 3 yrs of exp required and ACS counted my work experience for 8 months.

My points breakdown

Pte -10
Age -30
Edu- 15
Partner Skills-5
Yes you are eligible. You need to provide your experience details too in EOI with accurate dates, your points for experience will be calculated as '0'. Also VIC will give you 5 points so you are at 65 points in total.
Good Luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes you are eligible. You need to provide your experience details too in EOI with accurate dates, your points for experience will be calculated as '0'. Also VIC will give you 5 points so you are at 65 points in total.
Good Luck
Thanks a lot Angel25 .

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have Submitted my EOI for Vic on 1st July, points description in the signature below:

Let's hope for the best in upcoming months.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi All,

My points breakdown

Pte -10
Age -30
Edu- 15
Partner Skills-5
I don't think you are eligible mate. Most of the time state get the experience from ACS. So, as per ACS you only have 8 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think you are eligible mate. Most of the time state get the experience from ACS. So, as per ACS you only have 8 months.
Hi Nir,

What i got from the other expats -

I appreciate you reaching out to help with queries raised but please validate them before you post something. I wrote to the Victoria Assessment Team and got the below reply. They do consider the overall experience.

Thank you for your enquiry to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program.

The Victorian Government nomination process is in no way connected to the Australian Computer Society's (ACS) assessment of work experience.
Applicants must provide a detailed CV which includes the relevant information about work experience and checks may be undertaken where necessary. Our office considers overall experience.

All applicants must meet the work experience requirements for your occupation. Check the State Nomination Occupation List for these requirements.

Work experience gained during an apprenticeship is not counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. Only paid work experience gained post-qualification is counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. You should still include any 'pre-qualification' work experience on your resume.

Work experience may be 20 hours/week (part-time).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Nir,

What i got from the other expats -

I appreciate you reaching out to help with queries raised but please validate them before you post something. I wrote to the Victoria Assessment Team and got the below reply. They do consider the overall experience.

Thank you for your enquiry to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program.

The Victorian Government nomination process is in no way connected to the Australian Computer Society's (ACS) assessment of work experience.
Applicants must provide a detailed CV which includes the relevant information about work experience and checks may be undertaken where necessary. Our office considers overall experience.

All applicants must meet the work experience requirements for your occupation. Check the State Nomination Occupation List for these requirements.

Work experience gained during an apprenticeship is not counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. Only paid work experience gained post-qualification is counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. You should still include any 'pre-qualification' work experience on your resume.

Work experience may be 20 hours/week (part-time).
It's up to you to decide whether you consider it or not. End of the day it's your money.

But If I were you I will do more research regarding below statement.

"Only paid work experience gained post-qualification is counted toward the minimum work experience requirement. You should still include any 'pre-qualification' work experience on your resume. "

Also, if you are claiming work experience points, regardless of the state, DOE calculates ACS experience only.

Anyway, it is up to you to decide.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have seen people enquiring about if they are eligible for Victoria state nomination with under ICT Software engineer.

The eligibility requirements are quite clear
1.You should have minimum three years of experience. This experience is counted after the date mentioned in your ACS assesment.

for ex-"The following employment after February XXXXX is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code"

2. You should have minimum 7 each in english.

3. your points should be greater than or equal to 60 after including 5 points of state nomination.

hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts