Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I was recently denied by Victoria state, I'm a chemist with 75 points excluding state point. My agent offered the 489 Visa option which I'm not down with. Please guys, what are other options?

·
Registered
318 Posts
This occupation is only on STSOL and not required by all states except Victoria and Tasmania which requires job offer, Tasmania graduate or family member in Tasmania.

You can take the risk and wait for 1st July as any state might add this occupation on its nomination list.

If I was in your shoes, I would accept SC489 as this occupation isn't highly required by the states.

You can also try to check previous states' nomination lists for last two years, if possible, to figure out the chances of this occupation before accepting the SC489.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This occupation is only on STSOL and not required by all states except Victoria and Tasmania which requires job offer, Tasmania graduate or family member in Tasmania.

You can take the risk and wait for 1st July as any state might add this occupation on its nomination list.

If I was in your shoes, I would accept SC489 as this occupation isn't highly required by the states.

You can also try to check previous states' nomination lists for last two years, if possible, to figure out the chances of this occupation before accepting the SC489.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Thank you so much. My agent also advised taking 489 visa but my fear is life in Australia with no benefit and paying all children education fees and yours for the next 2 years. Or do you think its worth the risk? Secondly I submitted an EOI to NEW stream 2....is it possible something comes out of it?. Kindly advise again.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thank you so much. My agent also advised taking 489 visa but my fear is life in Australia with no benefit and paying all children education fees and yours for the next 2 years. Or do you think its worth the risk? Secondly I submitted an EOI to NEW stream 2....is it possible something comes out of it?. Kindly advise again.
PR would be much better but you have no other options.

Nobody can advise you as you are the only one who can analyze the positive/negative financial and social impacts on your life.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you checked for NSW stream 2 option..? Having 75 points theres a good chance to get invited in stream 2

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you checked for NSW stream 2 option..? Having 75 points theres a good chance to get invited in stream 2

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
Yes Matt, I mentioned that I submitted an EOI on June 5th 2017 to see if I could get a chance. Thanks .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Howcome they denied you. For VICTORIAN SS you need 5 year & 7 bands in IELTS. Did u fulfill these two requirements. 75 Points are very rare. Whats your experience and IELTS score.

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Howcome they denied you. For VICTORIAN SS you need 5 year & 7 bands in IELTS. Did u fulfill these two requirements. 75 Points are very rare. Whats your experience and IELTS score.
Points and English etc are not the only criteria in VIC For sponsorship

They should have a geniuine need also for your skills in the state
In all probability, there are already quite a few qualified Chemists in the state who as it is are not able to get a job
So why would they sponsor someone whose skills are not Needed in the state

They would rather sponsor those categories whose skills are needed by the state even if they have lower points

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

In all probability, there are already quite a few qualified Chemists in the state who as it is are not able to get a job

They would rather sponsor those categories whose skills are needed

Cheers
hola

Thanks.

Here is my break down for EOI

E OI Initially Submitted On: 06/05/2017
EOI Last Submitted On: 06/05/2017
Criteria Points Bracket Skilled - Nominated
(Subclass 190)
(Permanent)
Date of Effect* 06/05/2017 02:20:45
Age 33 - 39- ---------------------------------'-'------------ 25 points
English Language Ability Superior --------------20 points
Level of educational
qualification attained
At least a Bachelor Degree---------------------------- 15points
State/Territory
Nomination
-------------------------------------------------------------------------5 points
Years of experience in
Nominated Occupation
Equal to or greater than 8 Years ----------------------15 points
TOTAL 80 points

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

They would rather sponsor those categories whose skills are needed by the state even if they have lower points

Cheers
Yes, i think at think at this time, they have no space for chemists.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts