Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Victoria Approved.. Now Confused.

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  umair 
#1 ·
I am seeking all your advise through this thread.. I had applied for victoria sponsorship in November 2009 as plan B (if CSL is revoked etc.). Today I got it approved..!

Now I am confused weather to go for it or wait for a few weeks as December applicants are already getting their CO's now.

What Could be pros and cons if I accept it and upgrade my application to 176?

All suggestions welcome.. :confused2:

#3 ·
hmm.. did u apply for the ss before u applied for 175 or afetr? if it is after, they victoria govt will inform DIAC about your sponsorship. and your file would convert form 175 to 176. if you did not apply for it before applying for 175, you have an option of waiting.

#4 ·
Hi Mr.India,

How long it took for you to get the approval ? I applied on Dec 21 for Victoria, keeping fingers crossed as I read in the forums that Victoria is rejecting most of the IT applications.

#7 ·
No, not really, I do not know about Victoria but ACT does give a brief about the area and help you as much as they can. they do not provide any accommodation bu they do give u a list of accommodations oen can take up. ACT so far I have noticed is the most professional and particular about those they sponsor. They invite u for coffee and discuss about the state yada yada.

The only benefit is faster processing.

Reactions: mr.india
#8 ·
Thanks Anj for the information... as I have no one in australia.. I am little worried where to go and what to do initially .... if SS helps initially to settle there, then it makes good scence for me to take it ..

Thanks for the inputs as always..

#9 ·
dont you have any firends? I understand not having family there but with me, in last 3 years I have realise there are so many people I know there, its not funny and most of them are willing to help in initial settling down.
Speak to Victoria ss department, ask them what they have to offer to those who take up the ss. As I told you ACT guys are very helpful and they speak to you so nicely, its unbelievable.

Don't worry too much, everything settles down sooner or later. all one needs is courage :)

#10 ·
Just see what areas you like, what is the weather condition you would prefer. For us ACT was perfect. we come from Delhi, whcih has extreme temp. when its hot, its damn hot and when its cold, its cold enough to be irritated (ok cant be compared to UK or the US but it is cold for us). ACT did sound perfect as it isnt too hot or too cold.
For IT pros there is work everywhere, even Canberra has lots of opportunities.

#11 ·
True.. I have lived in Delhi for 3 years.. and no complains on the hot and cold conditions there..

Seriously, we do not have any family/ friends there in Australia.. We are in IT and would prefer to settle in place where there are lots of oppertunities for both of us (preferrably Sydney/ canberra or Melbourne) with decent lifestyle. We do not have very high expectations, we would be happy with whatever comes our way. little worried about initial days (no family and friends there).

Let's see how it goes. :)

#12 ·
Dont you worry, it wont be as bad, Indians make friends fast. and then you have all the contacts u made here.. I am sure many would be willing to assist as much as they can.

#13 ·
Hi Mr.India,
Congrats for getting VIC SS.
If DIAC status shows that "application is being processed further" then I recommend you not to go with SS. It hardly takes 1-2 months more to get 175 then 176. Also 176 has got some obligations like you have to stay at VIC for at least 2 years.

In case of 175 visa you are free to settle anywhere in AUSTRALIA.

A part from this can you tell when you received your acknowledgment email from VIC SS department which says your application is being accessed now bla bla.?

Please update.

Thanks..

#14 ·
Thanks..
DIAC application already shows: application being processed further...

Mine Victoria SS application lodged in November, they asked for chronological CV, ACS result and IELTS score in Dec. Application processing started in Jan, Granted in Feb (3 months) no mail in between.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.