Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the below FAQ in Victoria SS skilled migration page. I didn'd understand about the 2nd point " applicants applying under the 457 streamlined pathway
". anybody can explain exact meaning of that please.

Currently I am on 457 visa and working in SA from past 1.5 yrs. So I am eligible for IELTES waive?
Because I got 6.5 on each band and my SNOL required 7 in each section.

Are there any situations in which a higher IELTS/OET requirement may be waived?

All applicants must obtain at least a six in each band, however applicants who meet the following criteria are not required to meet a higher English language requirement as indicated on the occupation lists:

1.applicants who are currently working in their nominated occupation in Victoria and have done so for more than six months
2.applicants applying under the 457 streamlined pathway
3.applicants applying with a PhD.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

I have got my VIC SS approved under streamlined 457 and I had only 6.5 in one of the module. I got my SS approved within hours.

Thanks,
Murali

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Murali....please give me some more details. You were also on 457 visa before applying for PR? you mean to say, I am eligible to apply VIC SS. If you can share your e-mail id I will contact u directly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the reply Murali....please give me some more details. You were also on 457 visa before applying for PR? you mean to say, I am eligible to apply VIC SS. If you can share your e-mail id I will contact u directly.

Yes I am currently working on a 457 visa in Victoria and you are eligible if you have at least band 6 on all 4 modules.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Murali....I got 6 and above in all the 4 modules and working on 457 visa in SA. I will submit EOI for Victoria SS. Once again thanks for clarifying my doubt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I have got my VIC SS approved under streamlined 457 and I had only 6.5 in one of the module. I got my SS approved within hours.

Thanks,
Murali
Hi Murli,

I had a query for the documents need to be submitted.

1. Who can sign the Confirmation of Employment Form for me ?
Can it be my colleague / boss or it has to from HR department of Employer
2. For the second employer in the same form, it can be another colleague from same company I am working or it should from another company ?

Appreciate the help

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
VIC SS - Streamlined 457 pathway query

Yes I am currently working on a 457 visa in Victoria and you are eligible if you have at least band 6 on all 4 modules.
Hi Murli,

I had a query for the documents need to be submitted.

1. Who can sign the Confirmation of Employment Form for me ?
Can it be my colleague / boss or it has to from HR department of Employer
2. For the second employer in the same form, it can be another colleague from same company I am working or it should from another company ?

Appreciate the help

Thanks in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts