Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In VIC SS there was a question about where do I plan to settle in - regional VIC or metropolitan Melbourne. I chose regional VIC and now I am thinking that I made a mistake - maybe they now are laughing about me that I think it is easy to get IT job in regional area and say no to my application. What do you think? Or maybe they think I applied for regional SS (475 visa) - I do not remember if there was a question about visa type (I want 176).

Another question - what do you think, is it easier to get SS without a family? I mean that maybe, if I have kids they think that now they have to educate my children and so on?

·
Registered
630 Posts
In VIC SS there was a question about where do I plan to settle in - regional VIC or metropolitan Melbourne. I chose regional VIC and now I am thinking that I made a mistake - maybe they now are laughing about me that I think it is easy to get IT job in regional area and say no to my application. What do you think? Or maybe they think I applied for regional SS (475 visa) - I do not remember if there was a question about visa type (I want 176).

Another question - what do you think, is it easier to get SS without a family? I mean that maybe, if I have kids they think that now they have to educate my children and so on?
Its a good question actually. I got Vic SS Positive, however i chose "melbourne" as that's where most of the IT jobs are. i know Vic SS are generally sensitive about the applicant's awareness of victoria. Funny how you put it that they'd be laughing at you :D . I guess it would be difficult to know the outcome unless someone else here chose regional victoria and got a positive.

Did you mention that you have a relative or friend in australia ? if you did i've seen here based on people's experience that its better not to mention.

Regarding visa type, it would be 176, if you didn't type in the visa type you applied for, that's the visa type they auto assume you'd take with ur SS. I too left that field blank.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you mention that you have a relative or friend in australia ? if you did i've seen here based on people's experience that its better not to mention.

Regarding visa type, it would be 176, if you didn't type in the visa type you applied for, that's the visa type they auto assume you'd take with ur SS. I too left that field blank.
No, I have no friends in OZ and also did not mention anyone.

Oh, now I am even more concerned, stupid me. I assumed at this time, that if I choose regional then I get an extra + as usually no one wants to go there and so I will get ss for sure :D. So stupid me - I acted before thinking.

I'll wait for some more answers and maybe I will not wait for VIC answer then as it is quite sure to be negative and will lodge 175 instead.

·
Registered
630 Posts
No, I have no friends in OZ and also did not mention anyone.

Oh, now I am even more concerned, stupid me. I assumed at this time, that if I choose regional then I get an extra + as usually no one wants to go there and so I will get ss for sure :D. So stupid me - I acted before thinking.

I'll wait for some more answers and maybe I will not wait for VIC answer then as it is quite sure to be negative and will lodge 175 instead.
dont worry elekter im sure it'll work out in the end :thumb:

worst case ur qualified for 175 visa, so it'll be just a matter of waiting 4-6 months more for ur PR.

Reactions: Elekter

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Elekter,

Does Ballarat come under a regional area? It's only about an hour by car from Melbourne so in theory you could have a job in Melbourne while renting in Ballarat (has about 90,000 people). Just a thought.....

Geelong is even closer to Melbourne but I'm assuming that wouldn't be counted as a regional area.

Cheers,
Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.