Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had applied for NSW for System administrator but sadly was refused. I am now planning to apply for VIC SS. I have been assessed as System Administrator for over 9.3 years by ACS. I had a query regarding the same. Can VIC application be done without ACS assessment as their website mentions that the results needs to be provided only if the application goes to the next stage or only it can be processed by providing the ACS results.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
PiShu

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi,

I had applied for NSW for System administrator but sadly was refused. I am now planning to apply for VIC SS. I have been assessed as System Administrator for over 9.3 years by ACS. I had a query regarding the same. Can VIC application be done without ACS assessment as their website mentions that the results needs to be provided only if the application goes to the next stage or only it can be processed by providing the ACS results.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
PiShu
Yes it can be done without ACS but I have not come across anyone doing it. Since their website says so you can do it. BTW, Sys Admin is not in their list. are you planning for assessment with diff occ code again? ACS is anyways fast these day...they take 3-4 weeks max and Vic takes upto 8 weeks.

Look into these threads for more info. Post queries there ...many applicants are watching that space...

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-australia/103121-victoria-ss-timelines.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...as-skilled-state-sponsorship-application.html

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it can be done without ACS but I have not come across anyone doing it. Since their website says so you can do it. BTW, Sys Admin is not in their list. are you planning for assessment with diff occ code again? ACS is anyways fast these day...they take 3-4 weeks max and Vic takes upto 8 weeks.

Look into these threads for more info. Post queries there ...many applicants are watching that space...

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...g-australia/103121-victoria-ss-timelines.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...as-skilled-state-sponsorship-application.html
Hi Dreamaus,

Thanks for your quick response. If it is possible to apply for VIC before ACS, I will be changing my ANZCO code to Computer System and Network engineer and reapply to ACS. When i populate the VIC SS form, it shows Assessment result as mandatory, dont know how to bypass that.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Dreamaus,

Thanks for your quick response. If it is possible to apply for VIC before ACS, I will be changing my ANZCO code to Computer System and Network engineer and reapply to ACS. When i populate the VIC SS form, it shows Assessment result as mandatory, dont know how to bypass that.
Send a mail to [email protected]v.au and check with them. Even my job code is same as your new one.

may be you can apply for that code to ACS and attach the confirmation mail from ACS? try that option.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah will have to write to them as it doesnt make sense how one can apply to VIC without ACS.What if ACS rejects the new code later on, lots of questions!. Guess will have to get it clarified from them itself.

·
Registered
628 Posts
yeah will have to write to them as it doesnt make sense how one can apply to VIC without ACS.What if ACS rejects the new code later on, lots of questions!. Guess will have to get it clarified from them itself.
I checked the application and not sure where it is asking that as mandatory doc. In Q8.1 it just asks if assessment is done or not jsut say NO and go forward.

if acs rejects then 176 will be a dream for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi...
Even i applied for VIC SS without ACS Letter. I have submitted ACS letter later using VIC SS mail id. So you can apply for VIC SS without ACS letter, but select a code for which you are sure to get ACS letter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi...
Even i applied for VIC SS without ACS Letter. I have submitted ACS letter later using VIC SS mail id. So you can apply for VIC SS without ACS letter, but select a code for which you are sure to get ACS letter.
My bad, the online form shows as the field with an * for assessment, hence i thought it was a mandatory field. I have submitted the VIC app today.. Any idea how long will it take practically for them to revert.

·
Registered
628 Posts
check the above 2 threads I posted... you will get an idea. few got in 4 weeks, few 8 and few just over 12. the more lucky you are the faster you get SS.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
check the above 2 threads I posted... you will get an idea. few got in 4 weeks, few 8 and few just over 12. the more lucky you are the faster you get SS.
Thanks dreamaus, can you pls let me know if you are more of a network guy by profession or a systems person?. My specialty is more of OS rather than networks, just thought of asking if that still falls under Computer System and Network Engineer.

@Sandy - what is your ANZCO code?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.