Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I have applied and got acknowledgement in last week of Dec 2011. Its already 12 weeks passed but I haven't heard back the result so far. Please suggest the next step. Should I write an email to them?

·
Registered
556 Posts
hi

I have applied and got acknowledgement in last week of Dec 2011. Its already 12 weeks passed but I haven't heard back the result so far. Please suggest the next step. Should I write an email to them?
Yes, you need to send them an email with the reference number asking the status of your application. Good luck!

Btw, can you please share your skill code?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you need to send them an email with the reference number asking the status of your application. Good luck!

Btw, can you please share your skill code?
Thanks. Yes, its 261313 (Software Engineer)

·
Registered
194 Posts
hi

most likely it means rejected but u send email and check don't worry maybe they forgot

·
Registered
628 Posts
most likely it means rejected but u send email and check don't worry maybe they forgot
May not be but good to call and confirm than mailing them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May not be but good to call and confirm than mailing them.
Just want to confirm whether timeline begins when we receive the acknowledgement as in my case, i received ack on 28th Dec but then they asked for statement of commitment for which i received acknowledgement on 18th Jan 2012. So 12 weeks from first acknowledgement or statement of commitment. Please advise.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mate, what are you waiting for? It may be the time to just send a gentle reminder to them for confirming the status and tell them that you are keen to apply the visa ASAP. I don't think they will refrain from replying on this...btw, how many weeks are left post acknowledgement to 12 weeks?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just give them a call garrycool. no waiting as you are running out of time

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mate, what are you waiting for? It may be the time to just send a gentle reminder to them for confirming the status and tell them that you are keen to apply the visa ASAP. I don't think they will refrain from replying on this...btw, how many weeks are left post acknowledgement to 12 weeks?
No weeks left, it is now 13th week after first acknowledgement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then just call or follow up with them...there is no downside with this approach if you have to plan the next steps?
Received Vic SS today... thanks a lot to all for help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi GarryCool,
Just wanted to check if you contacted Vic about your SS application? What did they say?
I sent them an email yesterday, but today I got confirmation about the SS. I am not sure whether they have checked my email or it is just a coincidence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.