Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and wanted to seek some help regarding my SS.

I applied for VIC SS in the last week of May and received their ack email after a day. But since then there has been no activity from their side. I was hoping that they would atleast contact me regarding additional documents but nada :(.

Should i wait for VIC SS or do i move ahead with 175? the July deadline is just round the corner!!

Pls share your valuable thoughts? thanks in advance...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Victoria's so called processing time is 3-4 months and you should hear for any additional documents by the end of 2 months. So going by your timelines; you could get a call for additional docs by the end of May and then additional time for processing rest of the application. This definitely suggest that you would be in a tight spot.

If you intend to apply for 176, why don't you try for any other state like New South Wales may be(depending on availability of your job type of course). Their application processing time is 4-5 weeks. So you could get their SS withing June.

Else you always have the option of 175.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and wanted to seek some help regarding my SS.

I applied for VIC SS in the last week of May and received their ack email after a day. But since then there has been no activity from their side. I was hoping that they would atleast contact me regarding additional documents but nada :(.

Should i wait for VIC SS or do i move ahead with 175? the July deadline is just round the corner!!

Pls share your valuable thoughts? thanks in advance...
did you mean first week of May ? cuz you said last week of may and we are still on the 2nd week.

Anyway if you applied in May, you maybe a lil too late. Vic SS takes up to 12 weeks, i got mine approved in 9 weeks and others here about the same range 7-10 weeks.

It's unlikely to get yours just before the deadline (7 weeks away), but it may happen. Its up to you to calculate your risks and either wait for the SS or just apply for 175 now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi JBY/rvijaysubs,

My Bad. I wrote March incorrectly as May :confused:
I meant I submitted it in the end of March and since then it has been 6 weeks.

Seems rvijaysubs got the gist right..Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any Inputs? Do I see any chances of getting VIC SS( its been 6 weeks already)?
Any one who received VIC SS recently? Or Is it possible to get in touch with the VIC ppl to ask the progress of my application?

Seniors please assist.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Any Inputs? Do I see any chances of getting VIC SS( its been 6 weeks already)?
Any one who received VIC SS recently? Or Is it possible to get in touch with the VIC ppl to ask the progress of my application?

Seniors please assist.
No, they cannot provide you with status updates on your application. If you email them to ask, they will simply tell you that the application is pending and you risk annoying them.

It takes up to 12 weeks to hear back from them. Some people have gotten their SS approval in less than 8 weeks while others have gotten it in 10-12 weeks. It seems to depend on the occupation and when the industry panel meets. If you have to wait the full 12 weeks, you may not be able to get the application in before the 1 July deadline as there are only 6 weeks remaining. (However, VIC will honour your SS approval and you'll be invited to apply via SkillSelect if your SS is approved after 1 July. But if they do not approve your SS application, you will be forced to apply through SkillSelect.)

Have you thought about applying to other states? WA and SA are approving SS applications within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Victoria's so called processing time is 3-4 months and you should hear for any additional documents by the end of 2 months. So going by your timelines; you could get a call for additional docs by the end of May and then additional time for processing rest of the application. This definitely suggest that you would be in a tight spot.

If you intend to apply for 176, why don't you try for any other state like New South Wales may be(depending on availability of your job type of course). Their application processing time is 4-5 weeks. So you could get their SS withing June.

Else you always have the option of 175.
Hi rvijaysubs,

I am in the same boat, however I have another issue i.e. I will be completing 3years of experience on 15th June, so if I apply for NSW SS on 16th June what are the chances that i will get it before 1st July.

Regards,
Rinkesh.

·
Registered
202 Posts
rinkesh.sawhney said:
Hi rvijaysubs,

I am in the same boat, however I have another issue i.e. I will be completing 3years of experience on 15th June, so if I apply for NSW SS on 16th June what are the chances that i will get it before 1st July.

Regards,
Rinkesh.
Next to nil. The quickest I have on this forum is 2 weeks. It takes 4 days for the application to reach them. And it takes 2 weeks for the letter to reach India.

And the 3 years completion thing, I guess nsw would go by what ACS has approved. Not sure though.

Vijay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.