Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

VIC has rejected SS for my friend whose occupation and job profile is almost same like mine. However, mine is still under process, but now I lost all hopes as he didn’t get SS, now I can predict and almost it’s clear that I will be rejected.
Now my next option is applying for WA. I observed that, generally, VIC rejects most of the cases as there is a stiff competition for the SS. I was just wondering what could be the likelihood of getting SS from WA in the current scenario. My occupation is External Auditor.
Since it’s very clear what my results is going to be from VIC SS, I have pinned all my hopes in WA SS. Does WA has the same criteria to sponsor candidates? What is
percentage (roughly) of rejection SS with WA.
Is there anything I need to be cautious about while applying WA.

Thanks
SS

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Folks,

VIC has rejected SS for my friend whose occupation and job profile is almost same like mine. However, mine is still under process, but now I lost all hopes as he didn’t get SS, now I can predict and almost it’s clear that I will be rejected.
Now my next option is applying for WA. I observed that, generally, VIC rejects most of the cases as there is a stiff competition for the SS. I was just wondering what could be the likelihood of getting SS from WA in the current scenario. My occupation is External Auditor.
Since it’s very clear what my results is going to be from VIC SS, I have pinned all my hopes in WA SS. Does WA has the same criteria to sponsor candidates? What is
percentage (roughly) of rejection SS with WA.
Is there anything I need to be cautious about while applying WA.

Thanks
SS
Victoria reject 95% of asian applicants, if you are americano or western they will accept no problem in 3 weeks. This is a fact confirmed in most forums on internet and from ppl i know in real life. anyway WA accept easily and they don't have discrimination so don't worry, only problem job market for ict is week i have many friends there and they confirm there are not many job for ict don't believe seek.au

·
Registered
346 Posts
Riza2012 said:
Victoria reject 95% of asian applicants, if you are americano or western they will accept no problem in 3 weeks. This is a fact confirmed in most forums on internet and from ppl i know in real life. anyway WA accept easily and they don't have discrimination so don't worry, only problem job market for ict is week i have many friends there and they confirm there are not many job for ict don't believe seek.au
This is a big fat lie. If Victoria was discriminated how do you explain that over 70% of sponsored applicants are not western or "americano". Putting forward accusations like that is lowly and just shows your lack of integrity!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a big fat lie. If Victoria was discriminated how do you explain that over 70% of sponsored applicants are not western or "americano". Putting forward accusations like that is lowly and just shows your lack of integrity!
Hi Naoto,

I agree with you, but how do you see these rejection by VIC. At least in the recent past, there are huge number of rejections.

Do you have any idea about how WA select the candidates for SS. Appreciate your inputs mate.

Thanks in advance
SS

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hopefully this is not true.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Naoto,

I agree with you, but how do you see these rejection by VIC. At least in the recent past, there are huge number of rejections.

Do you have any idea about how WA select the candidates for SS. Appreciate your inputs mate.

Thanks in advance
SS
In my opinion, the main reason there are so many rejections is because there are much more applicants for sponsorship than there are places available. Victoria has been allocated only 6000 state sponsorship places. Every year VIC SS team receives much more than that amount of applications.

Now with QLD dropping a number of occupations from the list the competition for places is even higher. hence you hear about rejections. The claims that Victorian SS team is racist or prefers applicants from certain areas is absolutely unfounded, and is just a bitter spill of people trying to undermine work of quite effective team. Just for information of "these people", Victorian SS team is very multicultural itself. and in my opinion, they are doing a fantastic job. With proposed changes in July, the amount of applications grew enormously, as people are trying to mitigate the effect of possible Skill Select changes. All this leads to higher rejections, simply formula : Same amount of places - More people apply = higher rejections. Not a rocket science.

It seems, at this stage the tidal wave of panicking applicants did not reach WA as of yet. So WA SS is doesn't seem to be experiencing similar issues. Also considering that WA is much bigger than VIC I'm assuming they have more places allocated, so they can grant more visas.in general WA SS is much easier and quicker, due to booming economy and a lower number of applicants. I don't know much all the details of WA SS, however I know that WA is even trying to recruit people from other states like NSW and QLD. It seems to me they are still far away from reaching their quotas.:D:D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
agreed with naoto - seriously, like only 3,000 americanos are granted PR's to Australia while other nations like the UK, China and India receive 25,000+ PR's each. Soo... the numbers speak for themselves. We, the americanos, are the real minority. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.