Skilled Nominated (190) Visa - Live in Victoria

However they have now adopted the identical process as NSW

Due to the high volume of ICT applications, this process has been adopted

Cheers

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it help to apply with 70 pts for 190 ? In 261313 category?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
I presume you already have 70 points in 189

Then no sense

By the time they decide you would already have an invite under 189

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nope, sorry if I was not clear. I have 65 for 189 and 70 for 190. Hoping either one of these comes soon. I have applied already for 189 (65 pts) and 190NSW (70 pts). Contemplating if I should do VIC 190.. If I decide to apply, is that new EOI?

My current EOI has both 189 and 190 tied under one EOI.. It doesn't allow me to add VIC or I overlooked.

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, sorry if I was not clear. I have 65 for 189 and 70 for 190. Hoping either one of these comes soon. I have applied already for 189 (65 pts) and 190NSW (70 pts). Contemplating if I should do VIC 190.. If I decide to apply, is that new EOI?

My current EOI has both 189 and 190 tied under one EOI.. It doesn't allow me to add VIC or I overlooked.

Make a new EOI for VIC on 1st July using another email id

You are legally allowed

Don't disturb the existing EOI

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great, I'll give it a shot. Fingers crossed. Btw is there a way to preupload my resume? Got some niche skills from IT market but not sure how to grab attention or add weightage from it.

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, I'll give it a shot. Fingers crossed. Btw is there a way to preupload my resume? Got some niche skills from IT market but not sure how to grab attention or add weightage from it.

No way mate

That was possible only in the earlier regime where your CV could have made a direct impact

An outside chance is the years of experience designation and the companies you worked with can tip you over the edge as that is also given in the EOI if I remember correctly

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
No way mate

That was possible only in the earlier regime where your CV could have made a direct impact

An outside chance is the years of experience designation and the companies you worked with can tip you over the edge as that is also given in the EOI if I remember correctly

Cheers
That's right. Sad to know it's not possible now. Anyways I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Cheers mate

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks. However in the link where does it state that nominations are now open from 1 Jul 2017?

Also I am not able to understand the difference between the earlier regime and the new protocol. Could you please elaborate on the change in Victoria State nomination process?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks. However in the link where does it state that nominations are now open from 1 Jul 2017?

Also I am not able to understand the difference between the earlier regime and the new protocol. Could you please elaborate on the change in Victoria State nomination process?
Before: You submitted an application to Victoria with your CV included. They looked at your CV and made a decision.

After: They skim the top rated entries from SkillSelect where 190 Victoria is indicated. It is unclear what Victoria uses to rank candidates, but your CV is not part of that ranking.

Not surprised they did this. It was a mess last year.

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify it looks like they WILL be checking for employability, etc as before..... only AFTER you've been skimmed. It will be interesting to see how this works. NSW just ask you to prove your points. Victoria appear to be saying they will consider your application after being selected from SkillSelect. That kind of infers that there will be people selected by Victoria, who upon review of profile will be rejected. Scary.

Reactions: Meavin2011

·
Registered
195 Posts
Alright. I browsed their website again and found the latest update.

New application process for ICT occupations - Live in Victoria

====================

Thanks for letting us know on the latest update. However could you please advise on the process that need to be followed if one is in Victoria or on 457 as mentioned in below para? What do we need to do in case we meet any of these criterias?

==============================
Exemptions from this process

This application process is for ICT occupations only. However, if you are an ICT applicant and currently hold an offer of employment in Victoria, or meet the streamlined 457 or PhD pathways, you are exempt from this process and can lodge a Victorian visa nomination application without lodging an EOI first.

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright. I browsed their website again and found the latest update.

New application process for ICT occupations - Live in Victoria

====================

Thanks for letting us know on the latest update. However could you please advise on the process that need to be followed if one is in Victoria or on 457 as mentioned in below para? What do we need to do in case we meet any of these criterias?

==============================
Exemptions from this process

This application process is for ICT occupations only. However, if you are an ICT applicant and currently hold an offer of employment in Victoria, or meet the streamlined 457 or PhD pathways, you are exempt from this process and can lodge a Victorian visa nomination application without lodging an EOI first.
Please give the details of your job offer or employment in Victoria to advise further

Cheers

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
261111 - ICT Business Analyst
Points expected - 70 (Still awaiting ACS assessment).
Let the assessment results be out
Then you will know the experience you can claim

Then post the points table for advise

Cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do we need to create a new EOI or the past EOI with Victoria as preferred state will be fine ?

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Guys, form what I see.. information and path to chose it is still foggy.
262111 (Database Admin)
75+5 - 190

> already submitted EOI 3 weeks ago (DoE 04.06.2017)
> submitted VIC application and was rejected 3 weeks ago
---
Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination under the 190 - Skilled Nominated visa scheme.

Unfortunately the Victorian Government is not currently accepting nomination applications for the occupation of 262111 Database Administrator and therefore the application has been deemed invalid.

Due to the large volume of applications received, applications for ICT occupations will not be accepted from 11 November 2016 to 30 June 2017. We anticipate this closure to be for a period of eight months however further updates will be provided if required.

We would advise you to check our website and Visa Nomination Occupation Lists for any updates: Victorian Visa Nomination Lists of Skilled Occupations - Live in Victoria - Live in Victoria.

Refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website for alternative visa pathways: Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

---
> re-submitted a new application tonight on VIC website for 190 State Sponsorship (with the same email address) | Q: where can I see the status of this application from my VIC account?

Alternatively, I will go and also create new account on VIC website for my wife and apply for her also (as primary applicant). She can go both 189 & 190.

221214 (Internal Auditor)
60+5 - 189
70+5 - 190
> EOI submitted 2 weeks ago (DoE 11.06.2017)
> EOI already submitted

Fingers crossed for all of you out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am on 457 Living in Victoria and completed 1 year of employment in Australia.
I have put EOI on 03/03/2017 for 189 with 65 points ?

1. Is there a separate pathway for existing 457 holders in VIC or should I create a new EOI with new email ID ?
2. Should I submit my EOI on 1st July itself ?
3. What if I receive my 189 invite on 5th July ? How to cancel VIC state sponsorship ?

Thanks in advance for reply.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts