Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're applying for my US fiance to get a UK fiance visa. When we began the process, ie, seeing what we needed to do and in what order and where, it seemed complex but doable... fill in visa form and appendix VAF4A, appendix 2, go get biometrics done, compile and send the supporting documents folder. Straight forward, if long-winded. A couple of months have passed since then and as we're hoping to apply in April, I thought it'd be good to get the ball rolling.

Yesterday we found that any page you click on on .gov.uk, you get taken to this VFS page to register and complete your application. There's a banner at the top that reads "BETA: This is the new UK visa application website. We are testing it. It is designed to make the application process simpler and clearer".

My questions are these...

***What parts of the application are run through VFS? Is this the only form to fill in these days? I see nothing about savings or financial history on this form, only something about employment. We decided to apply using the savings route (or 'Route D' as the guidance says) but there is nowhere to state this on the new online form.

***Has anybody been through this new application system yet?

***Does anybody have any insight as to why those very important sections from the old VAF4A appendix 2 form are missing? To my mind, they are some of the most important parts of that form, but the new online form seems more concerned with the raw data - passport numbers, places of residence, medical history, criminal records etc.

Any input it much appreciated, we're just embarking on this visa process and we're obviously anxious about it all!

·
Super Moderator
18,015 Posts
You fill out the online form through the Visa4UK website and you print out Appendix 2 and fill it out by hand. This has been the process all along. You can pay for priority service through the VFS website if you wish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's so strange that on our (pretty thorough!) research back in October this website literally never came up anywhere, and I'm nothing if not thorough... or so I thought! Where there used to be links to the VAF4A form there are now links to Visa4UK, so that plus this orange 'beta' banner at the top had me wondering if something had changed recently.

I'm glad to hear that the appendix 2 form is still part of the picture, it was the idea that a chunk of questions were missing from this online form that had me wigging out. Things being in beta usually spells teething issues. What can I say... I'm a worrier!

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.