Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to know what the procedure is when making an appointment at VFS after submitting the online application.

I've noticed there are various gaps between the date of application and the date biometrics were given in the timelines.

Can we select any date we like? Such as the very next day after submitting the online application or are there instances where we will be asked to select a different day due to the day not being available or something?

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
One thing to bear in mind is that since in Ski Lanka you submit your supporting documents at the time of biometrics, you need to have everything ready as you can't subsequently send more. For example, if you need your UK partner's latest payslip and corresponding bank statement, you need to have received them in time for your biometrics.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the quick replies!:)

Yes Joppa,that is why I'm quite worried.

My husband will be receiving the last pay slip right before I need to apply, on the 24th of September and the Bank Statement on the 5th of October(Dated till the 2nd of October) This mean I will have to apply before the 21st of October which is before the pay slip becomes more than 28 days from the date of application or I will have to wait for the new pay slip and bank statement and also till I receive it after my husband posts them to me.

However,I cannot apply after the 5th of November anyway because my IELTS qualification will no longer be valid when making an application by then.

So many deadlines.

I guess I should be alright as long as I am able to submit and pay for the online application on time.

I believe the documents do not need to be submitted within these deadlines? Am I right?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ideally I would like to submit all supporting documents within the deadlines just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah ,just wanted to make sure by asking you as well:) Didn't get to explain my situation in the earlier post. Thanks a lot for the clarifications and guidance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.