Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I will be staying in Lower Normandy & I want to find a Vet. Needs to speak English & be part of the Pet Passport scheme. Any ideas or recommendations please ? Also, has anyone flown into Paris, Charles De Galle airport with pets ? I would be glad to hear of any personal experiences. Thanks, Cliff.

·
Administrator
49,874 Posts
Unfortunately, there isn't a real handy way to find English speaking vets. The US consulate list of English-speaking doctors includes a few vets but only in Paris. Your best option is to ask around once you get there - but given the concentration of anglophone expats in Normandy, I expect you'll find someone pretty easily.

If the pet passport scheme is what I think it is, I think all vets in France are able to deliver a European pet passport. When I took my cats in for their shots this year, I was advised that I could get a European pet passport for an addition 7€ I think it was.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vets in Lower Normandie.

Unfortunately, there isn't a real handy way to find English speaking vets. The US consulate list of English-speaking doctors includes a few vets but only in Paris. Your best option is to ask around once you get there - but given the concentration of anglophone expats in Normandy, I expect you'll find someone pretty easily.

If the pet passport scheme is what I think it is, I think all vets in France are able to deliver a European pet passport. When I took my cats in for their shots this year, I was advised that I could get a European pet passport for an addition 7€ I think it was.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you for this. I have now been passed details by a friend & things look good, best wishes, Cliff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you speak/write a little bit of French or know someone able to you could try to contact the "Conseil régional de l'Ordre des Vétérinaires de Normandie" (25, Rue St Michel - 14000 CAEN - Tel: +33 231 521 101 - Fax +33 231 342 034) to ask for the details of an English speaking Vet in the area you intend to visit. You can also have a look at the national website of the Profession Portail de l'Ordre National des Vtrinaires franais.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.