Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a query, recently got my skill accessed by VETASSESS (Points Based
Skilled Migration visa AUSTRALIA - sub class 189) for Carpenter - 331212 and have
got the successful outcome. Received Certificate –III for carpentry
in the month of October 2013 from VETASSESS.:):):)

But my employment details are not referred / included in Certificate – III.

Please advise whether the employment details will be included in the
certificate by VETASSESS ????.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Sumanth Trimurthy,

what boxes did you tick in the SRG1 Application form on page 21? As far as I remember, VETASSESS does not provide an opinion on your work experience automatically - they only issue a skills assessment. You'd have to select "Additional Advisory Letter" on the application to get an opinion on your relevant, skilled work experience.

DIBP performs its own work experience evaluation, so you could just claim points if you have the necessary documentation (payslips, reference letters etc.) for DIBP. If you want an opinion from VETASSESS as extra security, you can apply for Points Test Advice. Note that:

The Points Test Advice is an opinion only, and will be taken into consideration by DIBP when assessing your eligibility for points. The Points Test Advice provided by VETASSESS is not binding on DIBP and DIBP may undertake further investigations to verify the qualification and employment claims made.
I have no personal experience with VETASSESS though. Maybe somebody with recent experience with VETASSESS could chime in...

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 2 of 2 Posts