Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting a Vetassess skills assessment for Construction Project Manager (133111).

I completed Civil Engineering in 2010 and worked for 11 months in the above role.
After that I went for MBA and worked in a non-related role.

What are the chances of a positive assessment in this case?

TIA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You have to get a positive assessment of both your engineering degree and your employment to have a positive outcome.
As for your degree..it really depends on the content of your degree especially the subjects that are directly related to construction management.if your degree was all about engineering only and did not include construction management I don't think you have a good chance for getting a positive outcome.
As for your employment..it is all about the responsibilities you had in your job. Plus they require one year of employment so I'm not sure if 11 months is enough.
All the best!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to get a positive assessment of both your engineering degree and your employment to have a positive outcome.
As for your degree..it really depends on the content of your degree especially the subjects that are directly related to construction management.if your degree was all about engineering only and did not include construction management I don't think you have a good chance for getting a positive outcome.
As for your employment..it is all about the responsibilities you had in your job. Plus they require one year of employment so I'm not sure if 11 months is enough.
All the best!
Thanks for the reply Ahmed.

Yes, my engineering degree had courses related to construction management.
I'm just worried about the work part.

On their website it says

"Construction Project Manager (ANZSCO Code 133111)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level."

What are the chances? Confused.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Ahmed.

Yes, my engineering degree had courses related to construction management.
I'm just worried about the work part.

On their website it says

"Construction Project Manager (ANZSCO Code 133111)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level."

What are the chances? Confused.
Can anyone clear this doubt I have?

TIA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts