Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know of vetassess point test advise processing time . I have got acs cleared but they asked to check with vetassess for claiming points on bachelor degree as it's in non computers stream

Any advise would be appreciated
~ spaniard

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

How did you go with VETASSESS? Is that needed? I am in the same boat - I have got my skills assessment from ACS - do I need to do the points advice test to be able to claim qualification points? I have recieved an invitation to apply. So, can I apply for the PR and see if I am asked to get the points advice test done? Or should I first do the points advice test and then apply for the PR?
Please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

How did you go with VETASSESS? Is that needed? I am in the same boat - I have got my skills assessment from ACS - do I need to do the points advice test to be able to claim qualification points? I have recieved an invitation to apply. So, can I apply for the PR and see if I am asked to get the points advice test done? Or should I first do the points advice test and then apply for the PR?
Please advise. Thanks.
Tell your all details first.

Then we can suggest accordingly.

Regards,
Ankit

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apply for PR and do vetassess parallely.. Usually vetassess not required and co gives points based on your marksheets and degree certificates .. But would recommend to apply for vetassess point test advice in parallel just in case

·
Registered
457 Posts
how much time does vetassess take ?
for work ex and education togetheR?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think they do work ex .. That's with CO based on your acs .. Vetassess only for degree points

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Spainard, I took your advice and have applied for my PR. I also tried to apply for the vetassess points test, but the form says not to apply unless asked by DIAC or the skill assessment authority. So, I will probably just keep my fingers crossed and hope I get the points, else will apply if the CO asks for it.
Thanks a lot again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear All,
I am interested to apply for PR in Australia through 190 class. I would like to submit documents for the assessment to Vetassess soon. As I need 10 points from experience, I am planning to apply for Point advisory service from Vetassess although it is not required by the Immigration. However, I am bit confused about the whole process. As I have few questions, I am seeking for your assistance.

My 5 years of experience will be completed on February 2015. If I submit application to Vetassess for both assessment and Point advisory letter, I probably obtain the results in December 2014. I hope that Vetassess will give me a positive assessment to my nominated profession.

After my post-graduation, I worked 5 months in one university, then 2 years 6 months in Company A, and 1 year 8 months (till today) in Company B.

If they count/accept all of my experience (till Nov/Dec, 2014), it will be 4 years 9 months. With this letter if I apply to immigration in early March, 2015, will the Case Officer consider 5 years of experience and give me 10 points? Of course, I will work with my present employer till March 2015 and provide valid payslip/tax document, if the CO asks me to submit!

Is it a safer way to move forward or should I submit the application along with the Point advisory letter mentioning 5 years of experience?

I am seeking for your assistance as your suggestion will be very helpful for my application process. Thank you so much.

-Emon

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Dear All,
I am interested to apply for PR in Australia through 190 class. I would like to submit documents for the assessment to Vetassess soon. As I need 10 points from experience, I am planning to apply for Point advisory service from Vetassess although it is not required by the Immigration. However, I am bit confused about the whole process. As I have few questions, I am seeking for your assistance.

My 5 years of experience will be completed on February 2015. If I submit application to Vetassess for both assessment and Point advisory letter, I probably obtain the results in December 2014. I hope that Vetassess will give me a positive assessment to my nominated profession.

After my post-graduation, I worked 5 months in one university, then 2 years 6 months in Company A, and 1 year 8 months (till today) in Company B.

If they count/accept all of my experience (till Nov/Dec, 2014), it will be 4 years 9 months. With this letter if I apply to immigration in early March, 2015, will the Case Officer consider 5 years of experience and give me 10 points? Of course, I will work with my present employer till March 2015 and provide valid payslip/tax document, if the CO asks me to submit!

Is it a safer way to move forward or should I submit the application along with the Point advisory letter mentioning 5 years of experience?

I am seeking for your assistance as your suggestion will be very helpful for my application process. Thank you so much.

-Emon
Vet will not assess for any employment less than 6 months. so you will assessment for your Company A and B.
Share about Points details.
you can increase 10 points by IELTS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Sivakumar,
Thanks for your note! Does it mean that no experience will be considered by DIAC until vetassess confirms? My 5 months job experience in Company A is fully matched with my profession and similar to the role in company B (2 years 6 months) and Company C (1 year 8 months, current employer).

Let say, Vetassess won't access my 5 months experience even I seek for the advisory letter, and they won't mention anything about this experience in the letter. Do you think that DIAC will never consider this 5 months experience?

Please help me in this regard. Thank you so much.

Kind regards
Emon

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Dear Sivakumar,
Thanks for your note! Does it mean that no experience will be considered by DIAC until vetassess confirms? My 5 months job experience in Company A is fully matched with my profession and similar to the role in company B (2 years 6 months) and Company C (1 year 8 months, current employer).

Let say, Vetassess won't access my 5 months experience even I seek for the advisory letter, and they won't mention anything about this experience in the letter. Do you think that DIAC will never consider this 5 months experience?

Please help me in this regard. Thank you so much.

Kind regards
Emon
Everything under discretion of DIAC. It may differ from case to case. If you CO accepts this 5months is well n good.

Check Vetassess website for more detail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Spainard, I took your advice and have applied for my PR. I also tried to apply for the vetassess points test, but the form says not to apply unless asked by DIAC or the skill assessment authority. So, I will probably just keep my fingers crossed and hope I get the points, else will apply if the CO asks for it.
Thanks a lot again.
Hi Parism....

would be keen to know if CO had considered points for your educational exp...I have a NON ICT degree and was thinking about VATASSESS...but based on your post looks like we dont have to untill asked by CO..

Cheers

gotoAUS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Point test advice

Dear All,
I am interested to apply for provisional PR to Australia through 489 class. I have completed vetasses skill assessment and technical interview and got successful outcome letter (Certificate III). Right now I have 5.4 years of professional experience including my industrial training.Some of my friends advised me to go for point test before applying visa because recently visa authorities recently rejected some applications by telling that industrial training will not be added in experiences.But in my condition it is a paid employment.In guide lines it is clearly shown that paid employment will be considered as experience.....can any one help me .....

Expecting a favorable response

·
Registered
24 Posts
gotoAus said:
Hi Parism.... would be keen to know if CO had considered points for your educational exp...I have a NON ICT degree and was thinking about VATASSESS...but based on your post looks like we dont have to untill asked by CO.. Cheers gotoAUS
Hi gotoAUS, yes CO considered my education and I got the points. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ArunPrakash said:
Dear All, I am interested to apply for provisional PR to Australia through 489 class. I have completed vetasses skill assessment and technical interview and got successful outcome letter (Certificate III). Right now I have 5.4 years of professional experience including my industrial training.Some of my friends advised me to go for point test before applying visa because recently visa authorities recently rejected some applications by telling that industrial training will not be added in experiences.But in my condition it is a paid employment.In guide lines it is clearly shown that paid employment will be considered as experience.....can any one help me ..... Expecting a favorable response
Hi Arun ,
In your assessment, does it indicate your years of experience? In my case I had done my assessment from ACS, and the assessment letter clearly mentioned years of experience.
Also, was your industrial training full time or was it a part of your curriculum ?
In my opinion, If your training was after your certificate III and you have a letter from the company stating the period, type of work (part/full time) and your roles and responsibilities, you should be able to claim the experience for that period if it is in the relevant field and can be assessed by the assessing authority.
It would be a good idea to do a points test to be on the safe side, especially if you know cases where a similar experience has not been considered.
All the best!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Dear All,
I am interested to apply for provisional PR to Australia through 489 class. I have completed vetasses skill assessment and technical interview and got successful outcome letter (Certificate III). Right now I have 5.4 years of professional experience including my industrial training.Some of my friends advised me to go for point test before applying visa because recently visa authorities recently rejected some applications by telling that industrial training will not be added in experiences.But in my condition it is a paid employment.In guide lines it is clearly shown that paid employment will be considered as experience.....can any one help me .....

Expecting a favorable response
Points test is advisable for your case. Fees is also very less for u => around 80 Au$

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Hi Arun ,
In your assessment, does it indicate your years of experience? In my case I had done my assessment from ACS, and the assessment letter clearly mentioned years of experience.
Also, was your industrial training full time or was it a part of your curriculum ?
In my opinion, If your training was after your certificate III and you have a letter from the company stating the period, type of work (part/full time) and your roles and responsibilities, you should be able to claim the experience for that period if it is in the relevant field and can be assessed by the assessing authority.
It would be a good idea to do a points test to be on the safe side, especially if you know cases where a similar experience has not been considered.
All the best!
Hi Parism

I hope u r in OZ.

I couldnt find in the visa tracker
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84

If you wish, update urself in the tracker and also your timelines in the signature

·
Registered
24 Posts
sivakumar s s said:
Hi Parism I hope u r in OZ. I couldnt find in the visa tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84 If you wish, update urself in the tracker and also your timelines in the signature
Hi Sivakumar,
Yes I am in Oz. I have just updated my signature with my timelines, but it's relatively old. Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Systems Analyst :ACS Apr-2012|IELTS Result 26-Oct-2012 | EOI 27-Oct-2012 | Invite 1-Nov-2012| Application submitted 6-Dec-2012|CO 24-Jan-2014|Medical 1-Feb-2013|Grant 1-Mar-2013|

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi gotoAus and parism

I am also planning to apply for EOI but I have a non-ICT BE degree. Can I go ahead with the EOI without applying for VETASSESS Qualifications Assessment?

Your answer will be much helpful in reassuring and reinforcing my understanding

Kind Regards

1 - 20 of 31 Posts