Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My wife is currently working as a university lecturer and also she worked as a tutor . I wish to get her skill assessed as my partner skill assessment 5 points. and most probably i'm applying for 190.

Both professions matches , for her but not quite sure which one to apply. Is there a possibility to assess for both 242111 University Lecturer and 242112 University*Tutor from vetassess ?

and if yes , do i have to pay 2 times ? (2xAUD $810.00)

Anyone recently applied for any of these professions ? Kindly share your knowledge that helps a lot.. :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Finally my wife managed to be assessed as a lecturer with 4+ years out of her 5 years.. For a future reader of this thread, wish to share important remark.
My wife worked as a tutor in State sector university for around 2 years from her total career and rest of the career she worked as a Lecturer .

verasess has described "Occupations not considered by VETASSESS under this ANZSCO code 242111"
 University Tutor

Source
http://www.vetassess.com.au/Portals/0/Downloads/qualification_assessment/UniversityLecturer.pdf

But fortunately this tutor position, job juties were 90% equavelent to lecture post listed under 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1

So they have deducted one year from total 5 years career and she was evaluated with 4+ experience.

If you have a career , titled as Tutor but job duties are at least 90% equivalent to university lecture 242111 and if you wish to get evaluated under lecture, give it a shot! Let vetassess to evaluate/decide it !

PS
My wife has a exceptional performance in her degree (First class, gold medal etc) which is closely related + MSC which was evaluated below. AS the major qualification she got her first degree. and had few publications related it ICT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
to apply for this assessment do I need a post grad diploma in education or a masters degree is sufficient?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi,
I have a query in context to the same code 242111. I worked as an assistant professor at a management college under university for 2.5 years. post that I am a lecturer at a private institute. I don't want to claim points for my work experience but just go for skill assessment from vetasses. I did present a paper during my period as an assistant professor but the papers I published in peer-reviewed journals are posted currently when I am a lecturer. I am actually pursuing my Ph.D. and it started since I was working at college. Does this profile seem eligible for assessment of 242111?

·
Registered
573 Posts
hi,
I have a query in context to the same code 242111. I worked as an assistant professor at a management college under university for 2.5 years. post that I am a lecturer at a private institute. I don't want to claim points for my work experience but just go for skill assessment from vetasses. I did present a paper during my period as an assistant professor but the papers I published in peer-reviewed journals are posted currently when I am a lecturer. I am actually pursuing my Ph.D. and it started since I was working at college. Does this profile seem eligible for assessment of 242111?
hi,
I don't understand why you don't want to claim work experience? In order to get a positive assessment, you will need to prove both your studies and your work experience. You will need a letter from your employer that states what were your task. VETASSES website will have a document on what kind of task you would've needed to be involved in your role to get a positive assessment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't understand why you don't want to claim work experience? In order to get a positive assessment, you will need to prove both your studies and your work experience. You will need a letter from your employer that states what were your task. VETASSES website will have a document on what kind of task you would've needed to be involved in your role to get a positive assessment.
i am definitely going to put my documents of work experience for skill assessment. my point of not claiming the points was with the perspective that i haven't crossed the mark of 3 years as professor to claim the points as mentioned by Australia immigration. although i have a total of 4+ years of experience, as an assistant professor its less than 3. So i guess i won't be awarded points for work ex but at least from a skill assessment point of view i wanted to know if i was seemingly eligible specifically from research [perspective as i don't have any published paper in peer-reviewed journal during my tenure as assistant professor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My wife is currently working as a university lecturer and also she worked as a tutor . I wish to get her skill assessed as my partner skill assessment 5 points. and most probably i'm applying for 190.

Both professions matches , for her but not quite sure which one to apply. Is there a possibility to assess for both 242111 University Lecturer and 242112 University*Tutor from vetassess ?

and if yes , do i have to pay 2 times ? (2xAUD $810.00)

Anyone recently applied for any of these professions ? Kindly share your knowledge that helps a lot.. :thumb:
Hi,

I have experience in two job codes under (225112 & 225113) unit group 2251. Is it possible to get my skill assed for both the codes at once? Or do I need to get the assessment done separately with VETASSESS? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[ I've already submitted an EOI with 80 points and been waiting for 3 months. [Biochemist - ANZSCO 234513]

But with the recent update WA graduate stream I think I can apply for another occupation that has the same 4 digits of the ANZCO code. [Biotechnologist - ANZSCO 234514]

But does this mean I need to apply for another skill assessment? Or a skill assessment for WA is unnecessary as I already have more than 2 years of work experience? ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts