Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have applied in 2015 for assessment as agricultural scientist and got negative result then applied for reassessment as agricultural consultant and got also a negative result and this what my Cv was looking like

1. Agronomist
Agricultural Department Menia city, Menia, Egypt
(Jan 2012 – present)
- Agricultural Department in Menia (government sector).
Responsibilities:
 Managing the dairy laboratory and leading the manufacturing team of the Animal Production department.
 Management committee member of (5000) poultry farm.
 Judging the eligibility of (poultry farms – dairy labs – livestock farms) according to legalization standards.
 Administrative and financial role in the department.
 Putting different reports related to Animal Production Department.
 Estimating monthly beef production of the market and expected prices for the city.
 Animal production farms technical support in the city.
 Surveying all animal production farms of the city for registration purposes.
 Attending seminars and conferences.

2. Production Engineer
Extra-Interseed Company 52 Altaqwa st., Abu Qorqas, Menia, Egypt
(March 2009 – Dec 2011)
 Extra-Interseed company is specialized in multiplication of seeds and developing new species of Zea-Mays so as sifting and filling for different kinds of seeds.
Responsibilities:
 Managing Seeds receiving and stock pilling.
 Supervising on soil preparation for seeding procedures.
 Operating different plantation processes.
 Controlling and operating pollination procedures of seeds multiplication.
 Supervising on harvesting and seeds stock pilling.
 Preparing seeds for sifting and filling process

I am intending to go for assessment again but dont know whether i need to change the occupation(and what it could be) or just adjust the tasks to suit Agr. Consultant.!!!!

Can you please give advice

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
What were the reason(s) given for a negative assessment?

To my unprofessional eye it looks like your experience is geared more toward the operational / compliance aspects of agri-business - whereas the ANZSCO codes seem more to be more about providing agri-science expert advice to increase productivity etc. to Agronomist / Production Engineers like yourself.

Reactions: Angrim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dear All,

I have applied in 2015 for assessment as agricultural scientist and got negative result then applied for reassessment as agricultural consultant and got also a negative result and this what my Cv was looking like

1. Agronomist
Agricultural Department Menia city, Menia, Egypt
(Jan 2012 – present)
- Agricultural Department in Menia (government sector).
Responsibilities:
 Managing the dairy laboratory and leading the manufacturing team of the Animal Production department.
 Management committee member of (5000) poultry farm.
 Judging the eligibility of (poultry farms – dairy labs – livestock farms) according to legalization standards.
 Administrative and financial role in the department.
 Putting different reports related to Animal Production Department.
 Estimating monthly beef production of the market and expected prices for the city.
 Animal production farms technical support in the city.
 Surveying all animal production farms of the city for registration purposes.
 Attending seminars and conferences.

2. Production Engineer
Extra-Interseed Company 52 Altaqwa st., Abu Qorqas, Menia, Egypt
(March 2009 – Dec 2011)
 Extra-Interseed company is specialized in multiplication of seeds and developing new species of Zea-Mays so as sifting and filling for different kinds of seeds.
Responsibilities:
 Managing Seeds receiving and stock pilling.
 Supervising on soil preparation for seeding procedures.
 Operating different plantation processes.
 Controlling and operating pollination procedures of seeds multiplication.
 Supervising on harvesting and seeds stock pilling.
 Preparing seeds for sifting and filling process

I am intending to go for assessment again but dont know whether i need to change the occupation(and what it could be) or just adjust the tasks to suit Agr. Consultant.!!!!

Can you please give advice
Hi mate.

I got my skill assessment as an agricultural consultant last year. To be honest your tasks suit better production or management positions. You should apply as an agricultural engineer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were the reason(s) given for a negative assessment?

To my unprofessional eye it looks like your experience is geared more toward the operational / compliance aspects of agri-business - whereas the ANZSCO codes seem more to be more about providing agri-science expert advice to increase productivity etc. to Agronomist / Production Engineers like yourself.
This was their reply, "the tasks undertaken are not highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks
for the nominated occupation"
"A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a
positive Skills Assessment Outcome."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mate.

I got my skill assessment as an agricultural consultant last year. To be honest your tasks suit better production or management positions. You should apply as an agricultural engineer.
Thanks Mate for your reply,

I am confused and a bit hesitated, As my Main Experience is in statistics, Surveys & estimations.

Currently am working as Operations Officer in an Agricultural Company.

I have flexibility to provide whatever work experience certificates under the positions that suits the occupation i will choose,

but i dont know if i should go with Vetassess in Agr. Consultant

Or go for Agricultural Engineer/Production Engineer with EA which is totally unknown for me whether it would be as vetassess or as i can see from EA Booklet it looks a bit complicated as well as these occupation are pro-rata now.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
This was their reply, "the tasks undertaken are not highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks
for the nominated occupation"
"A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a
positive Skills Assessment Outcome."
It might be worth then finding a more suitable ANZSCO code to nominate as suggested above.

Reactions: Angrim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be worth then finding a more suitable ANZSCO code to nominate as suggested above.
Do you have any recommendations ?

- Agricultural Consultant.
- Agricultural Engineer.
- Production/Plant Engineer.

Do you have any experience about Engineers Australia Assessing Authority

1 - 7 of 7 Posts