Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum members, I am done with my vetassess assessment, but just now a question (may be stupid, but if I don't clarify I won't sleep) stroke in my mind, besides, i notice too many people become worried with this matter. All know that Vetassess assesses last 5 years of experience, but does this mean that we can claim points for 8 and more years in EOI, while applying for ss and DIBP, even if in assessment they write that the last 5 year experience is assessed? I mean for example if someone does not have points test advise where they mention all the experience..

·
Registered
337 Posts
I haven't gone through VetaAssess, nor have I researched this enough to give a definitive answer so take this with a grain of salt - assessment is only required for your educational equivalence and "skilled" designation. The work experience is not compulsory to get assessed since DIBP will accept it even without assessment. People usually get it assessed just to decrease the chances of DIBP not accepting the experience as relevant.

Given this, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to claim the points for all your experience, even if VetaAssess has only assessed the last 5 years. As long as you have sufficient documentation to prove that the experience is real and relevant, you should be fine.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I will provide you an example. Suppose you work in company A from 2007 - 2012 and company B from 2012 - till date, it VET assess approves both employment then you are ok to claim. But if the approved only job 2 , then there is a problem. Even if they assess only 5 years you can still request them to assess by making an additional request

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I will provide you an example. Suppose you work in company A from 2007 - 2012 and company B from 2012 - till date, it VET assess approves both employment then you are ok to claim. But if the approved only job 2 , then there is a problem. Even if they assess only 5 years you can still request them to assess by making an additional request
Dear AM, thank you for helping me. look, I really have an experience like you described - from 2007 to 2011 in company A, and from 2011 till now in company B. When I got my outcome in November 2014, on the first page it was mentioned that only last 5 years were assessed (2009-2014) -so it means the end of the first position and the beginning of the second one, but not only the second position, you see? BUT, in the point test advice they mentioned that the applicant claims points for 2007-till the date. So, the thing is - can I rely on this points test advice and do not worry for my points, coz I am going to claim 8 years points in EOI? Because i guess this 5 years moment is the policy for Vetassess, and is not applied to certain applicants. This is crucial for me, please advise.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please, anyone who has been assessed by Vetassess, help me with my issue... Still have doubts, may be I am too suspicious but anyway please advise what you think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Please, anyone who has been assessed by Vetassess, help me with my issue... Still have doubts, may be I am too suspicious but anyway please advise what you think.
Dont worry too much, just submit EOI, rest will be fine. They will award you points for your experience

·
Registered
494 Posts
You can only claim whatever Vetassess assess the number of years.

If you over claim, you could be penalized or even banned by DIBP for a specific period.

Sent from my Lenovo using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi you can never over claim years of experience or any of the details.... you can only claim years assessed by VETASSESS ... if you submit anything in EOI which you can't prove results in to your visa rejection for sure plus sometimes ban of three years..... be accurate with your EOI...

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
VET assess documents

Dear forum members, I am done with my vetassess assessment, but just now a question (may be stupid, but if I don't clarify I won't sleep) stroke in my mind, besides, i notice too many people become worried with this matter. All know that Vetassess assesses last 5 years of experience, but does this mean that we can claim points for 8 and more years in EOI, while applying for ss and DIBP, even if in assessment they write that the last 5 year experience is assessed? I mean for example if someone does not have points test advise where they mention all the experience..
Let me introduce myself first. My name is Evrim and currently I live in Melbourne. I am an English teacher and there is an RTO wishing to spsonsor my visa. I need to make an application to VET assess for skills assessment. However, they are driving me crazy. They keep asking me to change my statement of service format and I cannot find a sample. I was just wondering since you have already received positive assessment, if you could help provide any sample documents you previously submitted.

If you could help me out, I would really appreciate that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts