Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has just received word that a decision has been made on our spouse visa application and that our documents have been mailed back to her in the US this morning. Obviously we're pretty excited but our package only arrived in Sheffield two days ago so I was wondering if this is likely to be good news. We paid for the priority service and I think our application was pretty sound so I can't see why it would be a denial but that must be a record time for turnaround mustn't it?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yay!

My wife has just received word that a decision has been made on our spouse visa application and that our documents have been mailed back to her in the US this morning. Obviously we're pretty excited but our package only arrived in Sheffield two days ago so I was wondering if this is likely to be good news. We paid for the priority service and I think our application was pretty sound so I can't see why it would be a denial but that must be a record time for turnaround mustn't it?
There isn't any way to know for sure until she opens her passport, but as long as you had a pretty strong application, I would think it's a good sign. There have been a few other folks from the US who have gotten decisions in 3-5 days recently. I think it is just a matter of the priority processing, a good application and no back-log currently.

I know it is so hard to wait to know for sure, but you shouldn't second-guess your application at this point. :) They didn't ask for additional info, and you met the financial part which is a sticking point, so I would be pretty hopeful.

I know EXACTLY how she is feeling about now. I hope she's been packing in the meantime. :D How exciting!

Laurel

Reactions: Pultet

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
When she does receive her passport back, if there is no letter of refusal along with it and only some of the paperwork that she sent in, please have her check every page of the passport to see if the visa is there... they (UKBA) don't necessarily put the vignette on the first free page of the book (some people expect it to be there), so it's a bit of a let down if one opens up the front and doesn't automatically see it... mine was about a half dozen pages beyond the bio page of my passport.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There isn't any way to know for sure until she opens her passport, but as long as you had a pretty strong application, I would think it's a good sign. There have been a few other folks from the US who have gotten decisions in 3-5 days recently. I think it is just a matter of the priority processing, a good application and no back-log currently.

I know it is so hard to wait to know for sure, but you shouldn't second-guess your application at this point. :) They didn't ask for additional info, and you met the financial part which is a sticking point, so I would be pretty hopeful.

I know EXACTLY how she is feeling about now. I hope she's been packing in the meantime. :D How exciting!

Laurel
I wasn't asked for any additional information but with bonuses and overtime I've regularly earned in the region of £40,000 a year for the past four years and they have the P60s, payslips and bank statements to prove it. My only concern was that my most recent payslip was dated 35 days before our online application as I was in the US for our wedding when my September payslip was issued and we assembled our package before I returned to the UK. I'm really excited right now and I just want all this to be over so I can get her home for our first Christmas together. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When she does receive her passport back, if there is no letter of refusal along with it and only some of the paperwork that she sent in, please have her check every page of the passport to see if the visa is there... they (UKBA) don't necessarily put the vignette on the first free page of the book (some people expect it to be there), so it's a bit of a let down if one opens up the front and doesn't automatically see it... mine was about a half dozen pages beyond the bio page of my passport.
Oh cool. Thanks very much for letting me know that. When you say "vignette" what do you mean? Do they attach some papers in the passport or is it just a stamp?

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
It's a sticker with your Wife's photo on it that the ECO will affix to one blank page of the passport and emboss it with a special embossing seal.

It should look something like this lady's visa.

Reactions: OrganisedChaos

·
Registered
924 Posts
Oh cool. Thanks very much for letting me know that. When you say "vignette" what do you mean? Do they attach some papers in the passport or is it just a stamp?
It is actually a large sticker the same size as the passport page. It is very detailed with her photo, personal info, your name as spouse, with an embossed stamp and signatures and hologram. So, it could be placed on any of the unused pages of the passport, not necessarily the very first one. Mine was on the first page, but some posters here have almost had a heart attack until they looked further and found it on another page. We don't your wife to go through that! ;)

I'd forgotten your original post about the payslip. I think if that had been an issue, they would have requested it, especially since you met all other requirements so thoroughly.

What is the ETA for the packet to her? We will be anxious to hear the news. Just read your other post - will look for your news this weekend then!

Reactions: Chris1708
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.