Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My Mandatory travel expiry date is 5th August 2015. I've already traveled to and stayed in Sydney for 5 days around new year 2014.

How do I verify if my travel was registered with the authorities.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Assuming that was after your visa was granted, then as long as you've cleared through Immigration at the airport, it would have registered. I'm not aware of any way to check this though, but I've never heard of anyone having a problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hi All, My Mandatory travel expiry date is 5th August 2015. I've already traveled to and stayed in Sydney for 5 days around new year 2014. How do I verify if my travel was registered with the authorities.
Even if for some strange reason it was not registered, which is impossible since every entry and exit is recorded as soon as your passport is scanned into the system, the stamp in your passport is additional proof that you entered the country before the initial entry date.

By the way, this information is not available on VEVO. If you are still concerned you can file a freedom of information request with DIBP to obtain your travel movements record.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Even if for some strange reason it was not registered, which is impossible since every entry and exit is recorded as soon as your passport is scanned into the system, the stamp in your passport is additional proof that you entered the country before the initial entry date.

By the way, this information is not available on VEVO. If you are still concerned you can file a freedom of information request with DIBP to obtain your travel movements record.
Oh yes, my bad. It always shows the IED and not the actual date when the visa got validated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts