Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is a really nice forum. I hope to get answer to my question and be a helpful member of this forum.

Question:

1) My company was not willing to give experience letter (with details of my job), so I had asked my colleague to sign a document. The skill assessment was positive.

I suppose they verify the veracity of the documents after you've been invited.

So will the authorities call/ask my colleague about the document? If yes, what kind of questions are to be expected? Will they ask where did he sign and what date did he sign?

Thank you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi,

This is a really nice forum. I hope to get answer to my question and be a helpful member of this forum.

Question:

1) My company was not willing to give experience letter (with details of my job), so I had asked my colleague to sign a document. The skill assessment was positive.

So will the authorities call/ask my colleague about the document? If yes, what kind of questions are to be expected? Will they ask where did he sign and what date did he sign?

Thank you.
It's important to know that not all applications will go through employment verification by immigration department. It's case by case basis and is decided by CO but in case he/she does, CO may contact either the organisation directly or your colleague to verify that he/she has indeed provided the letter and that the contents of the letter are correct. They won't ask about date or place where he signed the declaration but they will surely ask about how your colleague knows you and what was your nature of work and responsibilities.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Hi,

Question:

Thank you.
I presume you are talking about statutory declaration instead of reference letter for RNR

It is not necessary that AHC will call up your colleague only who has signed the declaration
They may also directly call up the HR of the company for which you were working and verify your claims and then other managers of the company depending on how the call goes

What they will ask cannot be quantified but basically they would try to verify that what you have mentioned in the statutory declaration is true or not.

To your colleague, It will not be limited to when and where he signed, but also your role and responsibilities in the company and his association with you and how he is aware of your RNR

As I said earlier, what they will ask no one knows

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Jack.Sparrow.

If the company is closed, surely they will ask the colleague? or even that is case by case basis?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, newbienz.

My bad, I should have mentioned the company went bankrupt. So there is no way they can verify from somebody in company. Surely they will ask my colleague then. Hmm, so they will ask about date and place...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thank you, newbienz.

My bad, I should have mentioned the company went bankrupt. So there is no way they can verify from somebody in company. Surely they will ask my colleague then. Hmm, so they will ask about date and place...
If the company has gone bankrupt, I hope you have provided very strong evidence like payslips, bank statements showing salary credits, Form 16A, Form 26AS, income tax assessment , PF Deductions etc.
You have to provide much more evidence then any other applicant would normally have to give as your company is no longer in existence

Cheers

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thank you, newbienz.

You should be aware that they may try to establish the veracity of your claims in a variety of ways. This may include contacting the referee, but may also include checking websites, calling general numbers, checking Chamber of Commerce records, etc. If the company has gone bankrupt it's probably an idea to let them know and provide evidence of the same.

Reactions: admiral11

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thank you, newbienz.

If the company is under the process of strike off, you can verify that by using government website: Ministry Of Corporate Affairs - MCA Services

You can enter CIN of the company to fetch the details.

In case CO asks for it in the future do let them know about this....

EDIT: Im assuming its an Indian company

Reactions: Rajnath27
1 - 8 of 8 Posts