Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at this era of electronics billing, statement, direct debit, paperless, green green green!

i find it so challenging to have 6x6 piece of documents/evidences

i am so down and i could cry... i have been careful thru our the years, but have such an inconsiderate partner that wants to save £2, £1 went paperless option

wish me luck that I don't get deported :fingerscrossed:

sorry for the vent

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry to hear about your frustration xbel. Completely understand where you are coming from.

Do your best, and put whatever you can forward. Come back here and share your list of evidence and we will be able to advise better on how strong your application is and maybe even assuage some doubts and anxiety.

Not sure at what point of your journey you are, but for the future, if you do have another application looming in 2.5 years, my advise is this- Simply go joint on the following bills-

1. Gas and electric
2. Water
3. Council Tax

If you and your partner are joint on the above 3 and collect all your bills in paper form, your next application will be much much smoother.

Hang in there and don't lose hope. Do come back and let us know what evidence you manage to collect.

·
Registered
924 Posts
PS- you can use any of the following as sources-

1. bills
2. Doctor's letters
3. Letters from HMRC
4. Any letters in relation to elections
5. Car insurance/ house insurance/ pet insurance

So yeah, you can get a little creative and try to get evidence together from various sources. Go through all your paper work at home carefully

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PS- you can use any of the following as sources-

1. bills
2. Doctor's letters
3. Letters from HMRC
4. Any letters in relation to elections
5. Car insurance/ house insurance/ pet insurance

So yeah, you can get a little creative and try to get evidence together from various sources. Go through all your paper work at home carefully
thank you so much for your reply...

and some bizarre unlucky things happen such as...
after changing my HMRC address - twice!- to my new home with hubby they still send to the old address
joint name on thames water but bills only appear one name...

I am preparing this early as I know how tedious it is... I plan to apply online then premium service in person at croydon bring baby & husband along, may help a little as long as people working there r not robots i guess? hah.

my 30th months anniversary -28 days is 30th August. :boom:

·
Registered
162 Posts
1. Similar problem! I went to our bank and got a statement printed off and stamped for our joint account. I wanted one from our previous address, but the cost was £5 and it takes 5 days. 5 quid, no problem, but I didn't have 5 days by that point! (I'd thought I had a paper from the previous address, but it was, by ONE DAY, from the period covered by my previous visa!)

So yes, CALL anyone you might have paperless statements with, and ask them to send you a paper one, spreading out the dates around your past 2.5 yrs. You may have to pay a bit for this, but if you do it now, you'll have time to get them arranged.

2. HMRC--ugh. I had the same problem. Somewhere deep in the computer system, they had an 10 yr old address for me, and were sending a confirmation doc i needed in order to pay taxes online--even though they'd been sending refunds and other items to my current address! If it isn't sorted out yet, call (at 8am) and ask them to put you through to the tech people who can see if your old address is buried somewhere.

good luck, and hang in there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.