Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have MCSD certification which is recent in 2015.
I have 11 yrs of experience as software developer but from Non ICT.

Will they calculate points for post certification experience or overall experience? :fingerscrossed:

How much overall points can I claim for experience and education.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Will they calculate points for post certification experience or overall experience? :fingerscrossed:

Hi,

If you dont have an ICT degree/diploma prior to your 11 years experience, ACS will deduct 6 years from your overall experience (so you will get 5 years after deduction). You may also be asked to file RPL in order to claim experience before getting ICT degree/Diploma.

ACS will assess MCSD as AFQ equivalent diploma and you can claim 10 points for the same.

So you should get 10 points for your experience and 10 points for your MCSD

Regards,
Harish S

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Details shared by you are not sufficient to answer your query.

WHAT is your Educational Qualification other than MCSD?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You would have to assess BOTH (Bcom & MBA and MCSD).

1. BCOM/MBA WILL be assessed with insufficient ICT content, you will require 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history, plus a suitable Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application to meet the suitability criteria.

2. MCSD certification would fetch you 10 points as ICT major at the AQF Diploma level (NOT closely related to the nominated occupation)

THEN you STAND to gain 10 points each for your Experience and Qualification.

BUT I'm NOT sure how they would access your Non ICT Qualification (via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)) PLUS Vendor Certification.

REFER to the attached documents for more details.

Jeetendra..its Bcom and MBA

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Jeetendra..its Bcom and MBA
If you have MBA and Bcom then i would suggest you to do your assesment with ACS and a point test with Vettasses. Vettasses point test will give you 15 points for Bcom..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After deducting 6 yrs of experience, will ACS give me 15 points for Education(Mine is Non ICT Degree with IT experience).............I have MCSD.
Its very confusing....I'm getting different figures from people..
Please clarify seniors..:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
89 Posts
After deducting 6 yrs of experience, will ACS give me 15 points for Education(Mine is Non ICT Degree with IT experience).............I have MCSD.
Its very confusing....I'm getting different figures from people..
Please clarify seniors..:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
MCSD is considered as AQF diploma equivalent, 5-6 years of work experience is required to meet the suitability criteria, that leaves you with 10 points for diploma and 10 points for overseas work experience (5 years).

What others are suggesting is that if you opt for the RPL route, which requires 6 years of relevant experience for holder of non ICT-diploma or higher (BComm/MBA) to meet the suitability criteria, you would still be able to claim 10 points for overseas experience (5 years) and what's more is that you can have your BCOM/MBA assessed separately by VETASSESS , in which case you MIGHT be able to claim a full 15 points for your degree.

In short
Diploma (MCSD) + 5 years of claimable experience = 20 points
RPL (non ICT diploma or higher) + 5 years of claimable experience + BComm/MBA assessed by VETASSESS = 25 points

The RPL + VETASSESS route is obviously more expensive, so which route to go for would depend on the points you can score in other areas and whether you would need that extra 5 points.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Perfect Sktan..thanks for your assessment.

One more small doubt..which agency should I first approach..is it ACS(RPL) or Vetassess..how much time will Vetassess take..

MCSD is considered as AQF diploma equivalent, 5-6 years of work experience is required to meet the suitability criteria, that leaves you with 10 points for diploma and 10 points for overseas work experience (5 years).

What others are suggesting is that if you opt for the RPL route, which requires 6 years of relevant experience for holder of non ICT-diploma or higher (BComm/MBA) to meet the suitability criteria, you would still be able to claim 10 points for overseas experience (5 years) and what's more is that you can have your BCOM/MBA assessed separately by VETASSESS , in which case you MIGHT be able to claim a full 15 points for your degree.

In short
Diploma (MCSD) + 5 years of claimable experience = 20 points
RPL (non ICT diploma or higher) + 5 years of claimable experience + BComm/MBA assessed by VETASSESS = 25 points

The RPL + VETASSESS route is obviously more expensive, so which route to go for would depend on the points you can score in other areas and whether you would need that extra 5 points.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Perfect Sktan..thanks for your assessment.

One more small doubt..which agency should I first approach..is it ACS(RPL) or Vetassess..how much time will Vetassess take..
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ralia/138791-rpl-application-help-needed.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...n-ict-qualification-but-ict-profession-5.html

I think you should approach ACS first. Please read the other threads for your information, as I don't want to mislead you. There are conflicting information from those who have been through the process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts