Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been searching the forum but can't seem to find much on vehicle shipping to the uk from Canada

We are looking at moving back to the uk and we want to bring back our 1980 GMC, I've been researching the import documents and the process on the other end but was wondering if any one can recommend any good vehicle shippers and any advice on the import of vehicle to the uk

We are in Prince George and hoping to ship out of prince Rupert or Vancouver if we have to

Thanks in advance

Alex

·
Registered
361 Posts
Have you owned it more than 6 months and have more than 6K miles on it?
Is it North American specification?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't yet but will be moving back in a years time, and sorry what do you mean by North American specification?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I haven't yet but will be moving back in a years time, and sorry what do you mean by North American specification?
Probably means left side drive.

I am not sure that this vehicle is worth the expense of shipping it back. If it were a classic car or something then fine, but this one doesn't have any real value or anything. Also, when parts are needed (and they will be) how hard are they going to be to find in the UK and how much more will they cost?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's worth it to us as I'm in the middle of restoreing the vehicle with my son and will continue the restoration in the uk, parts are ok to get hold of I had a 1997 Ford F-350 in the uk and managed to get hold of everything that I needed within 10 days at not to bad of a price, the Gmc and chevy parts are easier as there where companies near me that dealt in those parts, also to buy a similar vehicle in the uk it would cost me and arm and a leg and that's if I could even find a gm square body over thee

·
Super Moderator
5,188 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.