Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!

As some of you know I applied for UK Fiance Visa recently.

I have one concern about the date of arrival to UK and validity of the Vignette:

This link (https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect) states that: "When your leave is granted, you'll be issued a 30 day Vignette. The Vignette is valid for 30 days from the date you said you'd arrive in the UK (even if you arrive at a later date). You'll have to apply for another 30 day visa if you don't travel within that 30 days.".

When I applied online I mentioned that the date I'd arrive in the UK is 19.06.2015.

When I mentioned this date I was just estimating, because I wasn't aware that this date is crucial in terms of validity of the Vignette.

Now after I've read what is written at above link, I understand that I should've indicated the later date in order to have some extra time to be able to use Vignette within 30 days if my visa is granted after 2 months.

As a result I have concerns:

1. What if my Vignette expires at the time when I receive my passport back?

2. Does it mean that I have to go through all the process of the visa application again? :(

Does anyone have anything to say on this matter from what they've studied or share their own experience?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
If your visa is processed past your travel date, then it will be made valid from the date of issue. So by the time you get your passport, you should still have nearly 30 days to get to UK.
If your application is processed before 17th June, your vignette's start date will be delayed till 17th June. You then have up to 17th July to enter UK.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your visa is processed past your travel date, then it will be made valid from the date of issue. So by the time you get your passport, you should still have nearly 30 days to get to UK.
If your application is processed before 17th June, your vignette's start date will be delayed till 17th June. You then have up to 17th July to enter UK.
Thank you Joppa, you're the best :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.