Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this may be the most naïve question of all - as most brexit related questions are answered with "nobody knows". but for the EEA residence cards that they issue now to spouses of EEA citizens.. are they suddenly invalid march 2019? or depends on if some kind of a deal is stroke?

I realize that my "qualified person" card counts as kind of nothing, but EEA2 card has a date and supposed validity of 5 years. can that validity be 'annulled'?

again. probably stupid but had to ask...

·
Registered
188 Posts
any RC issued before March 2019 still goes on as normal RC but after March 2019 they would be new law which will affect anyone coming in the UK after Brexit.

even myself i just file my own application now just waiting for them to get me my 5years

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any RC issued before March 2019 still goes on as normal RC but after March 2019 they would be new law which will affect anyone coming in the UK after Brexit.

even myself i just file my own application now just waiting for them to get me my 5years
okay, cheers. my husband just got his RC recently so was just wondering. hope you get yours soon.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, those who get their residence card before Brexit should be allowed to stay, and hopefully get PR after 5 years, but that remains to be seen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.