Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a question regarding skills assessment for migration purpose. I got a positive skill assessment on April, 2017 against the occupation 261313 Software Engineer. In the letter it is stated that "The following employment after December 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code".

I have recently changed my job and joined a new company in a different country. I am working as a "Senior Software Engineer" with exactly the same responsibilities as my previous job.

My question is do I have to get a re-assessment by ACS for my New Job in order to claim points for immigration purpose?

Since an ACS assessment is valid for 2 years, in case of switching employers after the assessment is completed, but remaining within the same occupation group (e.g. 261313), Does one have to get the new employment assessed to claim points or just providing relevant proof and reference letters to DIBP will suffice. Since it is quite natural and likely for an individual's circumstance to change within two years.

I look forward to a detailed reply regarding this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ACS report will be applicable only for your earlier experience. Now that you have moved to a new company, in order to claim points for this new company's experience you would have to file for another ACS.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello,

I have a question regarding skills assessment for migration purpose. I got a positive skill assessment on April, 2017 against the occupation 261313 Software Engineer. In the letter it is stated that "The following employment after December 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code".

I have recently changed my job and joined a new company in a different country. I am working as a "Senior Software Engineer" with exactly the same responsibilities as my previous job.

My question is do I have to get a re-assessment by ACS for my New Job in order to claim points for immigration purpose?

Since an ACS assessment is valid for 2 years, in case of switching employers after the assessment is completed, but remaining within the same occupation group (e.g. 261313), Does one have to get the new employment assessed to claim points or just providing relevant proof and reference letters to DIBP will suffice. Since it is quite natural and likely for an individual's circumstance to change within two years.

I look forward to a detailed reply regarding this.
Your employment with the employer with whom ACS was done has to be marked as relevant. Any new employer has to be marked non-relevant.

If you want to include new employer exp as well, then get re-assessed. But if you think that with new employer your points don't change then no need to get re-assessed. Just mark it non-relevant and submit EOI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts