Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I'm currently abroad and have been for the last half of a year. I have a few questions that I could do with some advice with please. Iv just found this forum and it looks like I could get some good advice.

In Appendix 2 what does this question mean:

Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

Iv lived with my wife a few times, but I'm not sure what 'akin to marriage' is? My concept of marrage would be what I'll have when all this stuff is sorted. Not sure what they are asking. I'm living at her parents, unemployed while our baby is little. I can't wait to get home life sorted, however married life is like this here, us all living under one roof!

2.6 How many other rooms are there in the property
(NOT including kitchens, bathrooms and toilets)?

Would the loft count as it's used as storage space? Or do they only mean places we could sleep? We will be going to my mums and there's a loft we use to store stuff.

Do they actually want a surveyor to come and measure the room size or is that something that is pointless? I thought I just needed the £19k and her English test as stated on the gov website. The choices are that I go back to my mums or I get my old student flat back in Sheffield. I had just finished uni when I met her and I would love to get back over there later, however it would be much better to stay at my mums so my mum can have the opportunity to bond with our new baby as she hasn't had much chance to see her grandchild yet and this would be the perfect opportunity and it would cheer her us as she is all lonely on her own. If I need a surveyor, how much we talking? £50-60-70 or what? Obviously money's tight. Have nappies to buy and the basics. I am well chuffed tho.

Cheers for all the help.<snip>

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
No idea whether you are living in the UK or abroad.

Presuming you are living abroad and want to bring your wife to the UK then you have to sponsor her.

From your post is sounds like you are unemployed with not much money so the first thing is to find out whether you have the financials to sponsor her - because if you can't the other questions are moot at this stage.

Basically your either need to be earning 18,600 GBP per annum OR have savings of 62,500 GBP if no income.

Read the following document to see how you can qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...exFM_Section_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

Having read it you can ask any further questions.

Reactions: Adi9626

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that. That's the easy part. I am living abroad yeah and as for cash iv got about £250 squid mate. Seriously, I even sold my car for a ticket last time. I'll get the 19K+ Annual from the Monday after I land. I sorted a job out the last time I was around. Iv got 90% of the application written, I just need to find a Solicitor to review it and to brush it up a little by clarifying a few things about the vague questions on the paper.

I do believe it's the VAF4A I need. Been looking for about two years on and off and only just got around to finding out about the form. My main issue at the moment is about this accommodation thing. Iv only learned about it last night.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I see ...... no rush then. Since you are unemployed and will be getting a job when you arrive in the UK you can't apply for the spouse visa until you have been employed for 6 months and have the relevant payslips and bank statements to prove this.

During this time you could check up on the accommodation at your mum's place (you only need to specify living accommodation not storage) and should you need a surveyor then you can organise this at the same time.

Probably about 70 pounds should cover it.

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
Initial visa will be for 33 months. Then you renew it for further 30 months after being in UK for 2.5 years and then apply for settlement (ILR).

From the end of July, if you apply in Mauritius, your vignette (sticker in your passport) will only be valid for 30 days. So you have to enter UK within that period and collect your biometric residence permit (BRP) with visa details valid 30 months from a designated post office. Different rollout schedule for other countries, details on the second stickie at the top.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The original spouse visa will be for 33 mos. You will need to apply for a second spousal visa (FLR(M)) which will give you an additional 30 mos. Near the end of that period you will be eligible to apply for ILR, this will grant indefinite leave as long as the rules of residence are maintained. At that point your wife could apply for citizenship if she chose or continue to live under the rules of ILR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.