Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to those of you who have answered our questions before about the financial requirement and accommodation.

We have a few questions about filling in VAF4A. The first one is quite a small thing.

7.22 My husband, who is the sponsor, was born in west Africa. His mother brought him and his sister to the UK when he was two and she was eight weeks old. This was in 1952. His mother is dead. He and his sister have worked out that they must have arrived in the UK around the 21st July. Should we say in Part 9 that this is an approximate date and explain why or is it not important?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1.5: What is your marital status? Married (in China)
We are both divorced.
What documents besides the marriage certificate and a notarised translation of marriage certificate do we need to show?
Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Water Dragon.

1. Okay. We will do that.

2. So we do not have to send the original divorce certificates. Is that correct?
We have to send
a. a copy of my husband's divorce certificate
b. a copy of my divorce certificate translated and notarised with translator's credentials.

There are two more questions which worry us more but we will wait, hopefully, for an answer to this one first.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Thank you Water Dragon.

1. Okay. We will do that.

2. So we do not have to send the original divorce certificates. Is that correct?
We have to send
a. a copy of my husband's divorce certificate
b. a copy of my divorce certificate translated and notarised with translator's credentials.

There are two more questions which worry us more but we will wait, hopefully, for an answer to this one first.
Yes, you should send the original divorce decrees and they must be translated if not in English or Welsh.

You don't need either driving licence.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My next question.

1.3: Other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by.

When we checked over our emails and Skype messages for continuing devotion, we saw that I have used my 'western' name (Clare) in some and Lihong in others.

Should I put my 'western' name in 1.3 and explain in section 9.1? Or write a note to put with the continuing devotion evidence? Or should I do both?

Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Joppa.

We will staple a note to the top page of the continuing devotion papers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My next question.

2.7: Please give details of any previous passports….

I have one previous passport which is lost.

I returned to my home city in November 2008 after working for 18 months in Turkey. I went to work in Beijing and returned home for New Year. I couldn’t find my passport so I applied for a new one. The issue date is February 2009. I have a photocopy of the lost passport with the passport number, the date of issue and expiry and the place of issue.

I read the guidance. This is what it asks for. Is this okay? Should I send the photocopy?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Joppa. I'm happy it is simple.

My next question.

Please provide details of how you meet the English language requirement.

I thought I would just have to send my certificate. But

For tests taken on or after 6 April 2013: no documents required (Scores must be verified using the Cambridge English online system using name, date of birth and passport number).Cambridge ESOL Website: Cambridge English

How does this work? I'm confused. Does UKBA verify this using the information they have about me?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is the email my husband got from the Cambridge English Language Assessment helpdesk

Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your wife's A2 qualification is still valid for the Spouse visa.

UKBA will carry out verification if they require it, you do not need to do anything yourself in order to verify the qualification.

I hope that helps.

All the best

XXXXXXX XXXX | Helpdesk Analyst

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, that's what Home Office will do for those who have passed on or after 6the April 2013.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.